Too many subforums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG, do you have dial-up or carrier pigeons? :11:

Get a Belkin phone cord. It will help a lot. Getting more difficult to find as dial-up becomes more rare, even difficult to locate on the company's site, but I did. This one: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=17751# 10 times faster than normal phone cord for $8

I spend a year on dial-up, I do understand.

DandyDon:

Get a Belkin phone cord. It will help a lot. Getting more difficult to find as dial-up becomes more rare, even difficult to locate on the company's site, but I did. This one: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=17751# 10 times faster than normal phone cord for $8

Carrier pigeons...hmmmm, THAT might explain the bird poo on my monitor :D I can fold laundry between page loadings and have a basket done and put away (literally) before the page finishes. Will have to look into that cord, I can't even get DSL and there is no cable where I live. We have DirectTV but judging by how many times that loses signal I don't want to pay an arm and leg to lose my internect connection when it rains :shakehead
Ber :lilbunny:

DandyDon:

The cable may be faster, but 6' of high-speed wire won't do a thing to improve your speed, since the other couple of miles of wire between you and the phone company equipment hasn't changed.

If you want better throughput, you might try complaining to the phone company about line noise and poor voice quality (if you actually have these problems).

A phone line that give you nice clean voice connections will also give you good modem connections.

Terry

That's actually rather hilarious to me. It's just some network cable (probably plain CAT5, I'd venture, as CAT5e and CAT6 would have them saying it was good to gigabit speeds) with RJ-11 plugs on the ends. It's probably a nice quality cable, but it won't make dialup go 10 times faster. If you had a dialup modem connected to a lamp cord with phone plugs soldered on, you might see a noticeable increase, but if you're using a real phone cord, I would be surprised if you could tell the difference.

(I was stuck on dialup on a pathetic line for many years. You don't get much speed when sometimes you can barely understand a *voice* call on the line. Oh, and the phone company's response to complaints? I believe the colloquial form would be, "Fix it? HA! Yeah, right." :D)

you might want to check Clearwire if you're really interested in getting a faster connection...rats..just saw that your state doesn't have it yet...:(

Ber, just pack up your computer and move :D It is nice here in FL :wink:

I would really like to answer pro and con questions as well as give basic information. It appears to me that people are usually trying to make decisions about going one way or another and are looking for opinions. Perhaps it could be presented in a better way than what I have done.

After reading through some more pony bottle threads, I don't think I did a very good job on answering anything. Technical divers? If you please?

Under BCD FAQs I would also like to tackle different sizes of lift wings. I know there are some intricacies to this, which I do not understand.

SkullDeformity:
After reading through some more pony bottle threads, I don't think I did a very good job on answering anything. Technical divers? If you please?

Under BCD FAQs I would also like to tackle different sizes of lift wings. I know there are some intricacies to this, which I do not understand.
LOL..

Back
Top Bottom