Too many fin choices! Confused.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I covet the Atomic Aquatics Smoke on the Water Split Fins but $200 is a bit pricey for me

Look at force fin. After discovering that they worked great for me I've sold all my other fins

FF are $200-800 a pair. No wonder you sold all your other fins

I've used Force Fins before, on about 8 dives. I don't get why they are so expensive.
The OP said he didn't want to spend a lot of money which leaves Force Fins out.

+2 on the Mares Avanti Quattro fins.

Then there is the other obvious suggestion.:wink: Those are good too.

-Mitch

+ 3 on Avanti Quattro, they aren't the industry standard for instructors for nothing.

They work great for me and I'm only 5' 7", my ex who was about your height also loved them.

IMHO, there is one basic choice related to use with the rest all related to opinion. Should you go with full foot fins or open heel fins? Again, IMHO, after you make that decision, purchase according to what looks good and fits your budget.

FWIW, my wife has used Mares Volo Race FF fins for over 300 dives. In time, they probably will break at the hinges. But that time is probably another 300 dives away. LeisurePro sells them for $80. The open heel version, the Volo Power, is about $160. I am much stronger than my wife, but she swims faster with her fins than I do with mine (Mares Avanti Super Channel) which I bought because of the tomato red color.

Ended up getting the Tusa X-Pert Zoom Z3 with spring straps. Fit well. Good reviews. And in pink and white I should be quite visible. Thanks everyone. :happywave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom