Tom's for reg service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, has anyone used Tom's for reg service or anything else for that matter? I've never even been there since i usually use Dive World which is near where i live, but DW isn't an Apeks dealer so Tom's is my nearest option.

I'm sure it's fine, it's just that i read too many stories of "my reg worked great until i sent it in for service" so if you could put my mind at ease that'd be great!

I've used them for FGB trips and bought a few small things. They were always friendly and accomodating. I've never heard anything but good about them but I don't dive their brands.

theatis:
Hey guys, has anyone used Tom's for reg service or anything else for that matter? I've never even been there since i usually use Dive World which is near where i live, but DW isn't an Apeks dealer so Tom's is my nearest option.

I'm sure it's fine, it's just that i read too many stories of "my reg worked great until i sent it in for service" so if you could put my mind at ease that'd be great!

I am an instructor at Tom's but have had nothing to do with their reg service other than getting my own regs serviced there (APEX as well).

They do a fine job.

talk with Warren

L

We use Tom's for about 90% of the time....they service my husbands regs and they have our tanks for inspection right now....I have ScubaPro regs so I have to take mine to another shop...but we have known this family for about 20 years and the service is great...ask for Warren he will take care of you....

I have used their pool to try out gear and they are very accomodating...we have run into them in the airport when going to Coz they usually have several trips a year booked out of the shop...we have never gone with them since we have a op on Coz that we like to dive with

I had our regs serviced there for several years and never had a problem.

I would agree with everyone else. They are almost too nice. I haven't had any problems with the regs I have had serviced.

Warren is a really friendly guy and I think Neil still does some reg service for them (he's our tech here in College Station as well).

Thanks guys, that's exactly what i needed to hear. I'll be paying them a visit soon enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom