Today in the San Juan Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Awesome diving with Deep Sea Charters today ... we dived Sares Head and the south side of James Island.

Not much for vis ... perhaps 15-20 on the first dive and maybe 10-12 on the second. But these sites have a lot to see ... especially if you're into the small stuff.

Here's a link to a photo show ... I kept it to only 25 of the pics I liked the best (I snapped about 120 pics today).

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/QU4WU7JU

Besides the great diving, we encountered two pods of whiteside (Dall) porpoises on the way out, and on our surface interval were visited by a gray whale the locals have named "Freddie" ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Very nice, Bob! What kind of eggs were those?

NWGratefulDiver:
Not much for vis ... perhaps 15-20 on the first dive and maybe 10-12 on the second.
I was honestly rather surprised at the vis (or lack thereof) up there. I was sort of expecting Barkley Sound vis, not Les Davis. There was definitely a lot to look at on the dives; I especially enjoyed the Puget Sound King Crab! The first wall dive would have been cooler with 50'+ vis, though. :wink:

Jimmie

Back
Top Bottom