Today i got a 120 Low pressure steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

binobanana

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Today i got a Faber 120 low pressure steel tank, what you think about Tank like this!
i need 4 pound to get down!

Anybody diving with a Tank like that? :popcorn:

got an LP 121... I can get 2hrs out of it if I stay shallower than 30'.... , I love it, two dives for the air-price of one, and less weight on your belt... its a win/win... (course it helps to be 6' 3" , 260 or so as these things aint light!)

That is a very big tank... Your gonna be estatic if you find a shop in your area that will jack that thing up to 3400-3600 psi.

Today i got a Faber 120 low pressure steel tank, what you think about Tank like this! i need 4 pound to get down! Anybody diving with a Tank like that? :popcorn:
This one time at bandcamp :popcorn:... :rofl3: actually I dive with Double LP 108's, Really love 108's with my RMV of 0.29 - 0.60cu ft pr min.. I also Like diving Double LP 121's- Monster Tanks,but lots of Gas to play around with...

Yep. I have two pst 120 cu ft. Great tanks for diivng in AK where I seem to suck air in the cold water like a hyperactive hoover vacuum cleaner. I had two 140 cu ft tanks for work, but decided to get something smaller for personal use.

I got to dive an HP130 in Cali and all that gas was super nice. The best thing is it is the same size as my LP95s and dived similarly so it wasn't a great change for me. Low Pressure tanks are super nice for their smaller bouyancy shift over AL or HP Steel tanks. Having the extra gas is always good too, much more enjoyment.

My only gripe about large capacity LP tanks is their size: my 95 is damn near too big for me as it is, I couldn't fathom going bigger. And Doubling them up?? Fuggedabout it. I give props to folks that do, that's why I'm considering tanks that are more compact (and lighter!!) for doubles.

Peace,
Greg

Great equipment, have you had time to get it wet?

A 120 cu ft? Aren't those the size they transport gasoline in on the back of big rigs?:D No really, that's cool. I've seen them but never used them. Only 80's and 60's for me. 60's when I hike in or help teach/guide because I am not usually the limiting factor. I would love to try a 120 soon just to see the bottom time I could get! Have fun and mind your max bottom times with that behemoth!:scubadive:

I used to dive double LP 120s. 126 lbs total weight. I even made a couple dozen beach dives in them. I finally got rid of all my Faber tanks. I got tired of the rust and switched to PST.
enormous_tanks.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom