Tobin @ DSS is fantastic! Great service, great product!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently ordered a DSS BP/W for my wife. We will be taking a big trip to the Coral Triangle in the fall and she wanted a configuration for warm water. I currently dive with a Halcyon Infinity and she was interested in moving to a BP/W configuration. I've heard only great things about DSS products so I contacted Tobin, and after few email exchanges he recommended the medium steel backplate and the Torus 17 wing. I added the glide adapter which is very useful. It arrived promptly, it was easy to assemble, and I have already tried it out in the pool. I love it so much that I am going to use it! The small wing is perfect for warm water, it almost feels like you are not even wearing a BC!

Can't say enough good things about DSS. Quality products, great service. If you are considering a BP/W then definitely check out DSS. DeepSeaSupply

Glad you like it, but what about your wife, what's she going to use now? :)

Reactions: Jax
@cool_hardware52 . . . You should have made him a pink wing.

I recently ordered a DSS BP/W for my wife. We will be taking a big trip to the Coral Triangle in the fall and she wanted a configuration for warm water. I currently dive with a Halcyon Infinity and she was interested in moving to a BP/W configuration. I've heard only great things about DSS products so I contacted Tobin, and after few email exchanges he recommended the medium steel backplate and the Torus 17 wing. I added the glide adapter which is very useful. It arrived promptly, it was easy to assemble, and I have already tried it out in the pool. I love it so much that I am going to use it! The small wing is perfect for warm water, it almost feels like you are not even wearing a BC!

Can't say enough good things about DSS. Quality products, great service. If you are considering a BP/W then definitely check out DSS. DeepSeaSupply

Many thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear the goods are working out.

Tobin

Tobin may be surprised at my saying this, but he does make cool hardware. The first time I saw one of his backplates, I was quite impressed... especially when compared to a Halcyon plate I saw about the same time.

He does definitely make excellent stuff. I'm getting ready to ditch my 60lb Halcyon for one of his Torus 49's.

Now if he'd only make a rebreather wing in Multicam!!!!!!

Tobin may be surprised at my saying this, but he does make cool hardware. The first time I saw one of his backplates, I was quite impressed... especially when compared to a Halcyon plate I saw about the same time.

Thanks Dr. Bill. Not sure why I should be surprised.

Tobin

He does definitely make excellent stuff. I'm getting ready to ditch my 60lb Halcyon for one of his Torus 49's.

Now if he'd only make a rebreather wing in Multicam!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

John, If you need a wing for a RB call me. We don't have wings for every machine out there, but we do have a nice solution for a couple RB's

If we could source true 1050 Ballistic in Camo / Multicam I'd do. Unfortunately while there is some Camo available in 1000 denier sourcing it in true 1050 duplex weave Ballistic requires a 500-1000 yard dye run. If you need ~500 wings we can get started without delay. :)

Tobin

Reactions: Jax
Glad you like it, but what about your wife, what's she going to use now? :)

She likes my current Halcyon as it comes with integrated weights. I may get a smaller wing for her as it is currently the Eclipse 30.

Thinking of getting the same setup for my daughter (and maybe myself :)). We will be in the San Diego area to take a look at UC and thought we would drop by DSS. Unfortunately, I just learned there is no showroom there, or anyone to walk us through the best setup for our needs. Is there a way we can take a look while we are down there?

Back
Top Bottom