Tobermory Canada Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barc802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have organized a trip to Tobermory Canada.

June 20 - 27 2008

We will be boat diving for the first 4 days and than have 2 days of shore diving at the Fathom Five Marine park. I was at Tobermory last year and loved it, the vis was about 70' and the water was warmer than the quarrys around MD. I am only taking a max of 8 divers (including myself) so that we can have the most comfortable time on the boat. The scenery in that part of the globe is breath taking and there will be time to enjoy the town and the park with hiking, biking or anything you else you want to do.

The cost of the trip is $850.00 per diver, a Deposit of $350.00 is due by the end of March 2008. I expect this trip to fill up quickly as I have had more than 8 people tell me that they are very interested, so the first one with deposits are the one going.

Dive training Magazine did an article on Tobermory last summer (May, June or July) and it was 100% true. I have been looking all over the internet for it but cannot find it. Anyway if you have past issues you can read about Tobermory there. The town claims that it is the Dive Capital of Canada, and it could very well be.

Call me at Off The Wall Scuba 443-772-0595, email me at barclay@offthewallscuba.com or visit our trips page at Off The Wall Scuba - Trips

Yes, but riddle me this? which one? There is no central Canada and Ontario Fresh Water Freaks seems to be for locals.
Plus most people outside of Canada do not know of Tobermory, thus would not search for it.

Suggestions would be great!

Yes, but riddle me this? which one? There is no central Canada and Ontario Fresh Water Freaks seems to be for locals.
Plus most people outside of Canada do not know of Tobermory, thus would not search for it.

Suggestions would be great!
It seems that you're asking how best to obtain Free, broad spectrum advertising on a trip....?

I'm sure every trip salesman on SB would love that.

Why not? Check out my site I post trips for other shops, I wish Dive Shop owners would learn to work together for the good of all divers.

It seems that you're asking how best to obtain Free, broad spectrum advertising on a trip....?

I'm sure every trip salesman on SB would love that.

Why not? putting it in the Ontario sub forum advertises to a group of divers that know Tobermory well, and probably have all sorts of options to get there, should they choose to.

There are tobemory websites out there if thats what your asking, just keep searching.

Posting on dive clubs as a guest will be more likely to get trip filled since they dive.

Doesn't seem Don is so Dandy does it?

Does that qualify as a tongue twister? Say it real fast like 10 times... And even though I'm a partner with the original poster... it seems to me that Dive Club and Group forums make perfect sense as a place to put trips... not just for us... but for anyone selling a trip - be they a shop or private trip planner.

Dive clubs and groups are the divers who actually go on trips and dive together - and my travel experience seems to indicate they love to know what other shops and clubs are doing... as it opens up more options for them.

As an example, when I was in Mexico aboard the Solmar V (my wife and I went alone,) we met two dive club groups on the boat. A small club from California and a bigger one from Michigan. Both groups, my wife and I talked about networking... and we have... and now we do trips where people who become friends from all over the states meet back together on trips all over the world.

So yes, broad spectrum advertising in group and club forums is not only a great idea... but it opens divers up to hanging out with fellow divers they may otherwise have never gotten a chance to meet...

Just my two cents... and that's probably all it's worth : )

Doesn't seem Don is so Dandy does it?
Damn?! If you're going to insult me, please be more clear. :confused:

Sounds like a fun trip, and with only 8 spots to fill - you'd probly do so if you asked this be moved to an appropriate trip sub forum in a more fitting forum. I understand this one to be for more general travel discussions, and while you might make a case of posting it here - it'll go largely unnoticed, or so was my suggestion.

We tried at trip to Brockville I think it was on the St.Lawarence once on SingleDivers.com - my suggestion, her sponsoring. Had a lot of difficulty filling the 8 passenger boat, tho; I guess not many traveling divers want to go north. I enjoyed it a lot, would do it again, it was indeed more time, trouble and money than say Cozumel for me. I went to Seattle once just to dive Puget Sound, but no one wanted to go with me and the locals were amazed that anyone from Texas would go there just to dive. I'd do that one again, too - but I'll probly go alone again.

Yes, I am sure that most trip sponsors would love to have free, broad spectrum advertising on SB, but you may notice that SB only allows one free thread per trip. Where you place that is largely up to you, within certain parameters, but I suggest it is lost here. It was getting no postings until I did, you know? Its' funny, when I post on an orphaned thread, it seems to attract attention. :rofl3:

Oh, if you both advertise the trip in your SIGs with links to the thread, then get more active on SB, that'd help - for free. :wink:

Yea me and my wife only travel and meet other people, Plus the fact if the operation is'nt what I like, I just have to leave and not have to explain to a group Why were not happy. The next day were on another charter, With internet Info I already no where the dives are.

I can rent a boat or yact do the diving myself, When we get are Tanks and weights I can Also no where charters leave out of and when, and follow them, after the cattle boats leave
we can enjoy the diving so much more.

I always tip very good,, And to each divemaster and captain personelly. For the extra 40 to 100 bucks a day, They Have always let me do what I want no matter what.

If your in a group they already Know there tip is gathered together at the end and the people that are not happy will barely part with $5.

I would never want to be in your shoes runninng dive trips just to dive for free,there is way to many divers that try to get more than what they pay for or whine about how they were robbed.

Somebody has to do it, I just think overall diveclub divers are a better group to deal with,
even the new members dont want give a bad Impression.

So good luck to your diving Off the wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom