Tobacco Caye Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to Tobacco Caye, Belize in June. We'll be staying at the Reef's End Lodge. Has anybody been there? I'm looking for some feedback as to the comfort of the resort and the safety of the dive operation.
Thanks

Tobacco caye is just great! I haven't been to the lodge. When I was there, I stayed at Gaviota's -30$/day/pers incl 3 meals and a cabana on the beach (well, the island is so small that anywhere you are on the island is "on the beach")-shared bathroom. I think the confort at the lodge must be a little higher than what I've got (our matress were foam 3-4 inches) + you will have a private bathroom but really, once you are there, you don't care too much for confort. I've been to the restaurant at the lodge (the only one on the island) and it was nice. The snorkleling from shore was free (if you have your gear) and great! Where we stayed, if there was no rain, the shower water was a little salty (mix with sea water) but maybe your lodge will have bigger reserves and less people. Bring many books because beside snorkeling and diving, there wasn't anything to do beside relaxing/reading in hammocks. I liked it so much that I returned twice (for 2-3 days) in a three-week vacation travelling in Belize!
Enjoy your time there, it's very relaxing!

Tobbaco Caye is far from luxurious it is considered a cheaper island compared to its neibour SouthWater Caye and I personally thought it was tailored to backpackers but then again I thought it expensive even for backpackers for what you get.

I think I paid about $80 a night at reef ends lodge when I went included dinner the rooms were very basic (mind you this was a few years ago prior to Hurricane) so it may have been revamped since then so take my comments with a pinch of salt maybe someone who has been there lately can give more up to date info.

I still enjoyed the island tremendously and thought it a great base for great diving and access to Glovers Atoll which is SUPERB diving

Have a great trip

Gaz Cooper
www.DiveBelize.com

Back
Top Bottom