Reef CI info request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nighthawk91

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am considering a trip to Belize, with the goal of spearfishing the Lionfish. A few operations I have seen have this as a $50 add on to the dive. But ReefCI, it's is part of their mission.

Looking for feedback on how the trip there and back was with transfers, staying on the mainland before/after being on the island. Anything about being on the island and the diving there.

Thank you.

Was there with my daughter a couple years ago. We were there in November and is was a bit rainy. Our initial ride out to the island was delayed a day by rough weather. If I recall it was a 60+min ride out there.

Before our week on the island we stayed at the Cozy Corner. Clean but rough around the edges. After a week on the island we decided to upgrade for a couple days at the Ocean Breeze resort which - which was quite nice.

The island accommodations are more like camping than anything. Our room had a couple beds on concrete platforms. No glass or screen in the windows (no bugs so not an issue). There was a bathroom supplied by a barrel of rain water on the roof. A couple light bulbs powered by a generator that shut down at 10pm if I recall.

The group of people we shared the island with was a younger crowd - 20 somethings, many who had been there for multiple weeks and a few working toward their divemaster.

Although the accommodations are rough, it was a fantastic week. The people were wonderful, the food amazing and the diving warm and friendly. We dove 3-4x/day, had marine conservation presentations and speared, cleaned and ate Lionfish every day. We loved it, just know that you'll have sand in your sheets and everything you bring will be damp and a bit dirty by weeks end.

Attachments

• _RYN0288.jpg
    _RYN0288.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 31
  • _RYN0292.jpg
    _RYN0292.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • _RYN0293.jpg
    _RYN0293.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 30
  • _RYN0294.jpg
    _RYN0294.jpg