To those who carry big knives, what are the reactions you normally get and yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the reaction I get from some divers who carrying a bfk strapped to their leg when they see my knife.

I would have no reaction to your lfk because I do not care or bother myself about what others think or do and I am often solo anyways so I would not see your lfk.

N

I have recently acquired a titanium mako knife (about 4" long) but it is in a sheaf with leg straps which I don't like. I want to mount it on my harness somewhere.

Phil, my Wenoka is mounted on just left on the crotch strap of my Express tech. I use my Mako when diving doubles and what I did was to remove the leg straps and insert the knofe assembly in the smallest pouch of a Scubapro Tech pouch that I carry dead center on the belt of my SS BP/Wg. In fact, the pouch is straddling the crotch strap. You should attempt to do the same, ie remove the straps and see if you cannot secure it on your shoulder straps using a combination of inner tube, bungee cord and tie wrap.

Last edited:
I like the reaction I get from some divers who carrying a bfk strapped to their leg when they see my knife.

My own reaction would be that a blade that short probably makes it less practical. At some point a short blade limits a knifes usefulness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom