To quick disconnect or not to quick disconnect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflyprops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think I have decided on the Suunto Cobra as far as a computer goes, now the question is whether or not to get the qd. Has anyone had any problems with the qd's? What happens if you dissconnect/connect the computer when there is a small amount of water on it, such as on the boat after a dive?

Thanks!
Adam:pirate:

there has only been one problem I have seen. If the high pressure hose is not tightly connected the air spool will break causing a leak. Not a big problem and easily fixed.

I have not seen any problems with water entering the hose or unit from disconnection. There is a compression valve that is only open when the two are connected. It closes upon disconnection keeping the elements out.

No I don't have on on mine. Several people I dive with do.

Hallmac

I have one on my Cobra, and I really like being able to easily disconnect it and not having to bring the whole reg into my house to download dives to my PC. But I will admit that I sometimes have nightmares of going out on a dive and realizing that my Cobra is still at home connected to my PC. Hasn't happened yet, though--and I figure it will be worse if I switch over to a Vytec.

I guess that's why God invented checklists.

WileEDiver once bubbled...
IBut I will admit that I sometimes have nightmares of going out on a dive and realizing that my Cobra is still at home connected to my PC.

I've done that once. :wink:

To prevent it from happening again, I now do not put my regulators away after drying in their bag unless I have the computer in hand to put into the bag at the same time.

It's worked so far.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom