To my friends in the PPD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks DrBill for your concern.
I was finally able to contact my relatives in Manila last night, can't get in touch with those in anilao yet.
They live in Paranaque, suburbs of manila, and were hit hard.
They have a two story with bedrooms upstairs and everything else downstairs. water chest high, everything ruined, furniture, refrig, no power.......geez. Good news so far is everyone is alive.

Thanks DrBill for your concern.
I was finally able to contact my relatives in Manila last night, can't get in touch with those in anilao yet.
They live in Paranaque, suburbs of manila, and were hit hard.
They have a two story with bedrooms upstairs and everything else downstairs. water chest high, everything ruined, furniture, refrig, no power.......geez. Good news so far is everyone is alive.

Be safe all. Heard about it but then saw the youtube videos, and realized how bad it was. And if Paranaque got hit hard this time...yowzers. Hope all of the PPDers are ok. Glad to hear your mother's alright, Jag.

We were in anilao doing clean up dives Sat - Sun. We didnt get to dive saturday coz the waves were too big for the bangka's, and we tried to drive to mainit point but small landslides covered the road. But sunday we got to dive Bahura area and i saw some other divers in other boats too. so im guessing anilao was overall ok.

My wife's family is in Bataan. I always worry about them when I hear about storms in the Philippines. They are wet, but OK. They live more in the hills; which makes me worry about mudslides!
Always worrying about my loved ones.

Im ok. But lotsa people w/o homes now.. :( Some friends lost all belongings as floods up to their roofs. :( Been bz rounding up goods & stuffs for d victims. So sad.. :(

Guys, sorry for hijacking Bill's thread, but I haven't been online for a few days as I've been working back-to-back shifts as a chamber operator for a commercial diving company back in HK.

As a result, I only heard about the devastation on my way to work late last night.

I can only hope that you're all Ok, and that you and your loved ones weren't too badly affected; in HK, we're already seeing the rainbelt, and apparently will for the rest of the week, so yes, this was a monster.

Thinking of you all,

Larry

i'm ok thanks guys. areas around our place got hit hard. i've documented the event from my end there's still a lot to do back in cainta

Typhoon Ondoy: Images from a disaster area - a set on Flickr

btw, any word on matthew? landline, dsl & mobile networks are either dear or intermittent back in rizal.

edit: just got a reply from matt. he's safe as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom