to have fun....or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always dive for fun, but especially in doubles, I may do skills when I get bored. When I change dive buddies that can lead to funny situations.

I went to do my valve shutdowns on one dive and I had my new dive buddy starting to hand me his primary and ready to head up. I had the dickens of the time underwater to tell him that I was just practicing and that I was NOT thumbing the dive, LOL. He actually thought that I had a problem. That was fun in and of itself. :)

I practice air sharing enough in the pool with students that it is not an issue. I mentally rehearse it if I have to do it, but most of my dive buddies don't see the need. I do hang neutrally buoyant quite a bit at fifteen ft. off the back of the boat while people are boarding. As Mike F. says, the most important skill for a diver is buoyancy control and it is far more difficult at 15 ft. than 100 ft.

So, even though I am still just starting down the path into the tech diving world (or maybe because of it), I frequently practice. But the primary focus of any dive that I do is to fun! If I can't do that, than why dive!?:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom