To Cozaholics who also travel to other destinations:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deborahdelamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From donations received at the cruise piers, Cozumel's Red Cross is holding foreign currency that it cannot process through Mexican banks and we'd appreciate your help turning this money into something we can use!

If you are here and are willing to swap out with us, please let me know. I won't list all of the countries (60 total at last count) because we have only one or two coins from many. The following are the most valuable for us to trade out:

Australian Dollar
Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda (3 bus tokens bonus!)
Brazil
British Pound
China
Cayman Islands
Eastern Caribbean States Dollar
Hong Kong
Panama
Philippines
South Africa
United Arab Emirates

Usually, we also have Canadian and Euro coins, as well as torn US bills and US Dollar coins, but those were swapped out recently
This is an ongoing problem for us, so if you can help in the future, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention & assistance!

Last edited:
Will take Philippine money at Aldora Divers. 43 to the dollar right now. When are you guys picking up the Mardi Gras beads? I personally brought down 70 lbs in November (instead of my normal smuggle routine) and they are sitting in Aldora's back office.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks, Dave. I have 22.85 Phillipine pesos -- not much value but every little bit helps. Please tell me when I should come by -- I can do on my way to the pier any weekday afternoon.

The Winter Group Volunteers run the bead fundraiser & I'll shoot them an email to pick up. Thank you for helping them, as well.

Isn't anyone going to the Caymans or Bermuda?! We have a lot of change from those!

Last edited:
Just drop off the Philippine pesos and tell Memo/Julio/Julian that I said it is 22.85 pesos to the dollar! They don't know the difference and I do some business in the Philippines.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks for your donation to the Cruz Roja! Sandy said she planned to pick up the beads today.

Update re foreign coins & bills the Red Cross needs assistance exchanging:
Torn US bills & US $1 coins
Aruba (Florin)
Australia
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda
Brazil
Cayman Islands
Colombia
Curacao/Sint Maartin (NA Guilder)
Cuba (CUC)