TNDR: Calling all Austinites...desperate for another "Keep Austin Weird" sticker! +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Remember those??? Are they still around???

This was an ad campaign to support local businesses when the big bully bookstore was trying to build their monstrosity right across the street from Book People!

Anyway, a good friend of mine brought me one a couple of years ago...and I would really LOVE another one or two or however many you can get your hands on!

If anyone can help, I'll be forever grateful !!!!!!!

Have I mentioned lately how much I miss Austin??? How's the weather up there?

I'm in DFW but I've seen them every now and then on trips down to Travis. Really support the sentiment, Austin is the only thing keeping Texas from being a Mississippi. I'm not sure if you can buy them anymore, I think they stopped making them because they were afraid that some non-Weird company would get in on the action and start making them and soon there would be a Houston and a Dallas version.

Yes you can still get the stickers.What you really need though is the T shirt. Would be happy to send you either or both

Apparently, they're still around somewhere. I saw a show with Rachael Ray the other night on the Food Network, and she was touring Austin's numerous eateries. Along the way, she stopped off in some Austin souvenir shop and they had bunches of "Keep Austin Weird" stickers, magnets and T-shirts. If I see that show again, Christi, I'll let you know where it is.

The original Keep Austin Weird bumperstickers are available at:
- West End Grooming, 2906 San Gabriel (they charge $1 and give the money to Animal Rescue)
- Whip In Convenience Store, 1950 S. IH 35
- Oat Willie's Campaign Headquarters, W. 29th and Guadalupe

Thank you all soo much!

NOW...if any of you are coming down...and can bring me several stickers and a t-shirt...I'll happily trade you with some Cozumel and/or Blue XT~Sea goodies :) If you don't want any of that, I'll of course happily reimburse you for them since I can't buy online from the palces mentioned.

Let me know if anyone can help!

loosebits:
... Austin is the only thing keeping Texas from being a Mississippi.....

Excuse me??? Poor old Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio only wish they were as good as Austin, or for that matter Mississippi.

I know our trip is not until May, but I now have a reason to start packing !!! I will be happy to donate to your cause. Next time into Austin will include some Weird Bumper stickers shopping. In fact, I was trying to think of some sort of treat to bring you and you have given me a solution. :luxhello: Anything else?? What about for the guys? Weather here is actually predicted to get COLD :ice: . A low of 31 F tomorrow and Sat. night 24 F. Go figure....Weird, that does sum it up. We are heading to Beaumont tomorrow to visit with Eric and Raissa, it is suppose to be raining there. Maybe if we head West we can have warm sunshine !!! This is TEXAS !! Take care now, See you, Sue B.

Christi, looks like you will have a supply of Keep Austin Weird stuff....of course you will have to wait until July for me to bring anything...but I will put it on the list..

We will be in Coz on Thursday.

No national championhip gear?? I got my t-shirt the day after the game and my Wheaties box two weeks ago.

Quite a few people replied.
So... what would you like us to bring? My "fee" is hearing you sing "The Eyes of Texas." With me, if you can stand it.

Regards from a fellow Longhorn,

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom