Tips for putting on a wet wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

please tell me nobody has ever tried putting on a wetsuit with a zipper fully done up and putting their legs in the sleeves lol

Sorry for the OT post but in the spirit of humour and laughter I can't help but share. I have seen multiple people put wetsuits on back to front with the front entry zip on the back but a story that "my" instructor told me takes the cake.

He had a student who put his weight belt on INSIDE his wetsuit. Yes ... he put the belt on and then managed to get the wetsuit on over it and zipped up. 0_o

I use a lycra skin, really helps with my 7mm

Under Armor all the way. It's slick wet or dry, easily stowed in a dive bag, will cause no hassles with the touchy security a$$holes (TSA), and is easily replaced if lost.

Sorry for the OT post but in the spirit of humour and laughter I can't help but share. I have seen multiple people put wetsuits on back to front with the front entry zip on the back but a story that "my" instructor told me takes the cake.

He had a student who put his weight belt on INSIDE his wetsuit. Yes ... he put the belt on and then managed to get the wetsuit on over it and zipped up. 0_o

Years back I saw a guy do that on purpose once. He claimed it was much safer that way because you couldn't accidentally lose your weighbelt ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If the weather is warm, get in the water and put it on. It will go on very, VERY easily. Its what I do in the summer. If it isn't warm or you don't feel comfortable getting in water without it on, fold the torso inside out over the legs of the suit. get your ankles through and pullup to knees. Then roll it up till your arms are ready to go in. Should have no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom