Tinted Mask's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltysupply

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know of a good tinted mask that will protect against uv etc but still able to see pretty good. My eyes are quite sensitive to the sun because of my eye condition and am looking for something that will help on those blinding bright florida days

I use a SEADIVE TruVu RayBlocker. They are pricey.
Visually Enhanced Mask

I also have some cheap sunglasses that I use to use for those long surface swims.

awsome couldn't find anything like that to save my life any particular place that sells them?

actually nm thats the style I liked anyway, probaly gonna pick one up tomorrow from that online store, anyone delt with them before?

That picture is actually the Eagleye SL that I have with purge cost $89. I got it from my LDS. without purge $79. I have a large face. The mask has some of the best optical quality glass I have ever seen. It is a small mask and does not have as good a field of view as the Atomic Frameless which does not fit my face.

The pilot has 2 lenses. It would be nice to find the Monarch to try on; it would have an excellent field of view. I would call around since the online price is the same as the local price.

Check out dive right in scuba since they first responded to the post. They will probably cut you a deal and get you what you need. The Monarch if available would have a greater field of view. It is always best to try it on for fit first.

I'm wondering if SEADIVE is a California Company if CA dive shops can sell it cheaper?

The purge is a white round plastic/silicon valve in the nose piece. It is designed to make it easier to clear water from the mask. The new soft feather edge on most masks are easy to clear without a purge valve. A purge valve can have problems - make it harder to pinch your nose, a long nose may hit it, and sand can block it open. I normally get a purge on my mask, but most divers do not like them. Somewhere I saw the SEADIVE purge sold separately for $13, but I can not find the picture.

So what I have is an Eagleye-SL with purge TruVu RayBlocker and Antifog.

Sorry, I was on my way home....Would you like one with an anti fog lens :D I will look up pricing in the morning and let you know first thing when we open :wink:

I have a Sea Vision Ultra with magenta lenses I'll let go for $40. It's like new, been dove a few times:

SVNMU.JPG

I have 2 more, clear & yellow. I find to spearing i like the yellow lens best & don't need the magenta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom