Timex Helix DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbliesath:
Just got mine! Happy as can be.

Thanks, Em! You da bomb!

Jack

P.S. Could you not pack it in last months Playgirl....:D
Emily... really. Playgirl? You seemed classier than that! :)

Mind you... how did jbliesath know it was last month's?

KrisB:

OUCH......LOL

KrisB:
Emily... really. Playgirl? You seemed classier than that! :)

yeah, ouch! to all those with the raised eyebrow... it really was just newspaper (Dallas Morning News)!!! :11:

jbliesath:
Yes, it was the Dallas newpaper....Sorry, Em!

Jack

thats okay... i do have a sense of humor.

Thanks Emily. I got mine on Friday as I was on my way to work. I took it diving with me this past weekend. I loved it. Ran into Hoosier and the beautiful MJ who assisted me with the settings!

It's not a pretty watch. But I like have the temp and depth!

So how's everybody's watertightness holding out with these DM's?

Each of our four family members had one during the trip to the Red Sea that we just got back from. I did, I think, 12 dives... wish it had been more. Rest of the family each did somewhat fewer. But none of the four DM's flooded.

The max I had mine down to was 71 ft. Kids and wife stayed above 40 ft. or so on all dives. I'm quite certain there was some accidental underwater button pressing, though I found it simple enough to keep from doing that.

One of the watches came with a dead battery, so I replaced it myself before the trip. I was a bit nervous about keeping the o-ring's seal, but it worked fine.

It sure is nice to have a back-up depth gauge. Particularly since my son was using an old Sherwood Sigma-II computer, that has to be manually turned on before descending. He forgot once -- luckily he had the watch as a back-up depth gauge. Only going down to about 40 ft., there wasn't much issue of no-deco time. Plus his computer doesn't show max depth -- the DM does.

Oh... Someone mentioned that the silver-grey trim tends to come off the watch face. That happened to one of our watches -- mine, I think. But that certainly doesn't affect how the DM works. And you couldn't make it any more ugly.

--Marek

Well I've managed to knock off and possibly lose the indiglo button. Unfortunately this is the same one that is twisted to change modes. I threw it into a bag and it came out without it. I'll have to see if I can find it and fit it back on there.

If I can, I'm thinking superglue. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom