Timex Helix Depth wristband

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek,

I finally completed the band project. As you pointed out, I need to trim each side to fit it (please see the attachment). How do you think?

The band is too long to wear it without the wetsuit. But, it is the diving watch so I don’t mind it. I also put the superglue to pretect the seam each side.

Marek K:
Hoosier--

Glad you found something. Can't believe it was that tough to find it in the States!!

Um, if I'm reading the package image correctly, your straps are 1-1/2" wide. That's about twice as wide as the pins on the watch. You'll either have to trim the entire width of the band on either side down to the wimpy correct width; or just shave off some width where the watch is... but the rest of the band might have a tendency then to curl up at the edges...

Let us know how it works!

--Marek

hoosier:
Marek,

I finally completed the band project. As you pointed out, I need to trim each side to fit it (please see the attachment). How do you think?

The band is too long to wear it without the wetsuit. But, it is the diving watch so I don’t mind it. I also put the superglue to pretect the seam each side.
Hey... Looks great! Sure looks a lot better than the 3/4" band I used... and will be more comfortable.

Just hope you got the band positioned where you want it...
04.gif

--Marek

Thanks. I am sure it is the right position. I will check it out today in underwater:wink:

Marek K:
Hey... Looks great! Sure looks a lot better than the 3/4" band I used... and will be more comfortable.

Just hope you got the band positioned where you want it...
04.gif

--Marek

Here's my go at making a longer band. These are Velcro One-Wraps, designed to go around hoses or cords. They are 23" long, and 7/8" wide. It was very easy to trim it to the 3/4" width needed. The nice thing about this setup, is when on, everything is flat, with nothing sticking up to be an entanglement hazard. These are available at Lowes, for 2.99 for a package of 3. If anyone wants one of the remaining 2 I have, send me $1.00 and a stamp, and it's yours.

Oh~~Man, what is your wrist size? You must be a giant..:wink: 18 inch is also pretty long, but yours is 23 inch........LoL~~

Dragracer:
Here's my go at making a longer band. These are Velcro One-Wraps, designed to go around hoses or cords. They are 23" long, and 7/8" wide. It was very easy to trim it to the 3/4" width needed. The nice thing about this setup, is when on, everything is flat, with nothing sticking up to be an entanglement hazard. These are available at Lowes, for 2.99 for a package of 3. If anyone wants one of the remaining 2 I have, send me $1.00 and a stamp, and it's yours.

hoosier:
Marek,

Hi all,

I have used the velcro strap for a while. I am getting tired of it...(Look at #31 post) So, I just completed the new "H" band for Timex DM.

It is a braided shock cord. It is much more convenient to use lke SK-7 & UW Timer strap set up.

Check it out.

New_H_band_for_Timex_Watch.JPG

hoosier:
Hi all,

I have used the velcro strap for a while. I am getting tired of it...(Look at #31 post) So, I just completed the new "H" band for Timex DM.

It is a braided shock cord. It is much more convenient to use lke SK-7 & UW Timer strap set up.

Check it out.
Where can you get this stuff? I'm tired of the velcro too.

MgicTwnger:

Also consider flat elastic webbing (bra strap) material. We made some short loop bands for for helix watches. They just run in a short pin to pin loop. 2 tie wraps mounted them to our console strain reliefs. All of our info in one place and one less gear item. I should get a picture some time to post.

I'm sure if you shop around it can be found in black, my wife had white and as used it's concealed.

Pete

I just shoved bungee cord under the pins. Done.

MgicTwnger:

Hey, don’t know that it is from “H” (Hoosier) brand, not “Halcyon.”
You need to get 1/16 shock cord and braided it. I tried it over the dry suit last weekend. It was a darn convenient and comfortable.

jonnythan:
I just shoved bungee cord under the pins. Done.

I am wondering what size of shock cord you are using. I have tried 1/8 one. It is a definitely larger than the space under the pin. I could shove 1/8 cord, but it showed some stress on the pin…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom