Time to buy gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Ginnie Springs yesterday with the new reg. I had the xs alt air on it. Thank God I didn't need to use it because that thing was terrible. I don't know if the alt air is just junk or if I have a defective one - but I won't be diving with this octo again. Even the octo on my friend's ancient scubapro mk7 is far superior. In fact it's the first regulator or or octo I've used that I didn't like.

The scuba-pro classic is on my list to consider

The Scubapro Classic is an excellent B.C.

The Classic is a Stabilizing jacket, providing exceptional lift, stability and control.

It is still the preferred choice for many of our instructors.

There is a new Classic for 2013. It is like the Scubapro Jet fin, it has endured the test of time.

I was married U/W in the 1st Stab. Jacket in 1978. It snowed 9" that morning. Everyone hiked 1.2 miles up w/ a 1000' gain in elevation. The wedding party of 5 of us braved the 40 degree water. The black Stab. Jacket made for a perfect tux!

I have been watching a video someone posted called "Doing it Right". They suggested backplate/wing is pretty much the only way to dive. I haven't tried one, but will asap as these guys make a compelling argument. Since they seem to be so simple, is there any advantage to getting a particular brand? I know one local shop has some made by zeagle and I plan to go check 'em out tomorrow. It's a small shop with no pool unfortunately, so I won't be able to try it out. I'm not sure if the larger shops with pools even carry bp/w yet.

Compare 3 Suunto computers, the Zoop, Cobra, and Cobra 3, and you see the cost of air integration, an electronic compass, and a bunch stuff you don't really need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom