tiger sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littlediver9876

Registered
Reaction score
tiger sharks are my favorite i love their teeth and the pattern on their back but my question is has any one seen a tiger shark in the wild while diving and i dont mean diving in a cage i mean unexpectedly

We have sighted them, in low vis conditions, at the YO and at the pipe....

Years ago, diving solo in the Phillipines, I saw what looked to be a very large Tiger shark cruising above me. I was at about 60 feet, the shark looked to be at or near the surface. It never seemed to notice me, just kept swimming until it was out of sight. But it did scare the hell out me for a few minutes.

yeah...it was a while back. At a distance the DM thought it was a white tip and headed straight for it. Came to a screeching halt when he realized what it was

A couple of times now. Here in Hawaii (both on n shore and east side) and out in Turks and Caicos. They're cool, but I like seeing hammerheads better (so wierd looking)..

Never seen a tiger yet in the water, but I would prefer a cage for "proper viewing!" Only so I get a better look, LOL....only spotted a hammerhead once while kayaking to Chinamen's hat. The poor thing was dead and floating on the surface, I never did figure out how/why it got like that.

Read the other shark post for the short version of the close encounter of the tiger kind.

This link shows right where these buggers are tracked...right near the pipe! YEEEEEHAW!!!

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~carlm/tigershark.html

A quote from the site above:

' Tiger sharks are captured by setting lines baited with fish market scraps, at dusk, just off Honolulu harbour. Lines are recovered at dawn the following day. '

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom