Thursday's Photo ~ Sharks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hung out with these guys and several dozen of their brethren on the Atlas in North Carolina. Beautiful and majestic creatures, I couldn't get enough of 'em!!

04-IMG_0034.jpg

04-IMG_0038.jpg

04-IMG_0045.jpg

DennisW once bubbled...
Most large predators are extremely powerful. The picture of the cage torn apart in only 30 seconds or so is proof. Me? I'll stay on the boat, thank you very much.

Thats the single best reason for me to go diving in the first place. Some people jump out of perfectly good planes, some people attach elastic to their ankles and dive off bridges. Personally, the feeling I get when I have a shark swimming directly at me and I make the choice to stand my ground and take a picture or two, thats the best moment of a dive. It's not about being dangerous, or reckless, its about knowing that such a big powerful creature is there, and will respect you if you respect it. Plus, the chicks dig it.

Dave

PS - the above comments don't necessarily apply to 20ft great white sharks attempting to eat the cage.

Dave

Ruu once bubbled...
PS - the above comments don't necessarily apply to 20ft great white sharks attempting to eat the cage.

Dave

Nor do they apply to the 3 lb. perch in our local lake! :wink:

Very nice video. Super smooth and nice lighting.

So much for not tearing up the reef! :D The crunching sounds were chilling...

Some pics from Grand Bahamas...

Sleeping nurse shark under deck plating.
P5250016.jpg

Some reef sharks.
P5270110.jpg

P5270111.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom