Thursday Weekly Weighin, 2nd August 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the comments, but I have to thank all of you for keeping me going on this. I has been a change of lifestyle or more a change in eating habits!

Still maintaining. :D Its just building muscles now I guess. Oh well, I kinda feel like a dork at the moment. :dork2:

219.2 ... basically the same as last week. Given my erratic schedule (and many meals "eating out") over the past two weeks, I'm pleased to be able to not regain what I've lost.

I did start running again yesterday, after a nearly 2 week layoff. Actually, the time off did me some good. I was able to pick up my pace ... doing my 3-miles in 28 minutes ... two minutes faster than normal.

For incentive, I've signed up for a 4.25 mile charity run on Labor day ... I'll probably be the fattest guy out there ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

WOW - so much happening!!!!!!!!

Trickster, love the new avatar.... looks like youve lost a evil fat twin (like roy) also!!!

CathyS & DogHouse :wave-smil....huge achievement

and to the rest of US - we are doing great, moving the body and working towards a healthier future!!!

And this is for everybody. :D

10 Cheers for everybody!!!! (instead of 3 cheers, I give 10 cheers)

applause.gif

What fabulous results for this week! Way to go, Everyone!!

I'm down just around 1/2 kg and my chunky monkey doggie, Dora, is down .1 kg (100grams) in a week :) I'm adding her to the challenge as ideally for a Ridgie female I'm told her max should be about 36kgs...only another 15 to go for her. I just can't imagine it, myself, but just like for each of us, we'll take it one day at a time!

I would love a dog, either a pug or a rhodesian but hubby says no.

Alcina, is Dora ... umm... dumb?? my brother had a rhodesian and i swear he (Nelson the dog, not my brother) was the dumbest, but kindest & loving, dog i have ever met

he use to try to sneak thru the doggie door for my mums pug and get stuck (i was house and dog sitting).... 8 days in a row he got stuck and every morning i would find him and he had this look on his face like "hmmm, how did this happen... again"

Well, my mind is slowly coming back. Most of the boxes are unpacked. Had both of my boys at my house this week, which meant I cooked, a LOT!

So, only one lb lost, which is better than gaining, right? :blinking:

So, now goal +41 lbs to go! Whoo Who!:10:

almitywife:
I would love a dog, either a pug or a rhodesian but hubby says no.

Alcina, is Dora ... umm... dumb?? my brother had a rhodesian and i swear he (Nelson the dog, not my brother) was the dumbest, but kindest & loving, dog i have ever met

he use to try to sneak thru the doggie door for my mums pug and get stuck (i was house and dog sitting).... 8 days in a row he got stuck and every morning i would find him and he had this look on his face like "hmmm, how did this happen... again"

ROFL - Dora isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and she does goofy things like that, too. She also has the world's shortest attention span. Diva, the girl in my avatar and love of my life, was smart as a whip - totally the opposite to Dora in so many ways. All Ridgebacks are infamous for being able to arrange their faces to give a wide variety of "looks" - it's always entertaining. And they are also known for thinking they are lap dogs, so I get the trying to go through the door thing :wink: But they are total lovers to their people - they tend to just be aloof to most others. Both of mine simply believe that other people are only put on earth to pet them and tell them how cute/beautiful they are, so why in the world would either bother to show affection - that's what people are *for*!

And not to be cruel, but if you name a dog "Nelson" (or Norman or Woody...) you're just asking for that "d'uh" feeling :wink:

Oh, and when I first got Diva hubby and I had been talking about it - it's actually kinda a funny story but a bit long. Anyway, one day I went out and fell in love and that's how we ended up with her. Consultation is over-rated sometimes :D

Back
Top Bottom