Thursday Photo ~ Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, so what am I doing wrong? I wanted to have the picture show in the message window like Dee did in the beginning of this thread. When I use the IMG button, I assumed it would upload the picture from my hard drive. I guess not.

If you want the image to appear you need to post it somewhere else on the Internet and then put the URL that locates it in the IMG parameter.

you do this by going to where it is posted, right clicking on it and selecting properties, selecting all of the URL (address) and copying it, (CTRL A then CTRL C makes sure you get it all) and pasting the stored value in the IMG box.

If you right click on some of the images in this post you will be able to see where they are actually stored.

Please let me know if this needs more clarification.

DennisW once bubbled...
Nope, so what am I doing wrong? I wanted to have the picture show in the message window like Dee did in the beginning of this thread. When I use the IMG button, I assumed it would upload the picture from my hard drive. I guess not.

Dennis....Graham is right, your photo has to be hosted on the web somewhere, such as my Scubashots albums on Allenhost. If you only have it on your hard drive, you can upload it from your hard drive as an attachment. It won't show in your post as a photo but as a clickable link to your photo.

BTW...this photo forum is the only one on Scuba Board where direct posting of photos is allowed. All other forums, no matter which method you use to load a photo, it shaows as an attachment.

I'm not sure if any of the free hosting sites allow posting of single photos anymore, all that I tried didn't. Allenhost costs $3 a month and has been well worth it to me.

hosts for free ... but your picture is resized to 450 x 300 or something of the sort .... Allenhost allows a bigger picture which is nicer to view...

Clootie ..... I like that picture of Kim .... Very nice !!

My daughter Melissa

melissa2.jpg

Curly, Larry and Moe :D

walterpetechad.jpg

According to a poll - this is geekboy in a dry suit down in the Keys. :wink:

geekindrysuitsmall.jpg

Marc

What the well dressed instructors who won't breathe off of BC's are wearing :devil: :D

petehatsmall.jpg

And a group shot from a recent SB outing
Back row (l-r) Marc (FLL Diver), Walter (Walter), Scott (Padipro), Mike (MikeJacobs)
Front row (l-r) Krista (KBeck), Melissa (Diver19), Marvel (Marvel), Jenny (scuba_jenny)
Jana (ScubaJana) left before we got the cameras out!

IMG_0354retouchsmall.JPG

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom