Thursday night July 3rd @ Leo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was the worst beach dive exit of my short, illustrious career! I avoided getting tossed like Jeff, Sam and Bryan going in, but coming out I over shot the cove and was fooled by a bunch of teenagers waving lights at me. I thought, "that's great, they're really guiding me in!" As I got close I noticed that the cove was considerably smaller-- but I thought it was due to the rising tide. I got close and then out of nowhere a bit set hit-- I got thrown onto the sand and rolled right into a rock which gashed a nice 8" slice across the lower back portion of my wetsuit! As I gasped for air and desperately crawled out of the surf I called to the other "Crabs" to help me off with my fins. These kids ran down and pulled off my fins for me and I was able to get to my feet and out without further incident-- but it was not pretty! I just wish Jeff & Sam hadn't ditched me! Anybody know a good wetsuit repair place? I imagine the bruised ego will heal by itself...

That was the worst beach dive exit of my short, illustrious career! I avoided getting tossed like Jeff, Sam and Bryan going in, but coming out I over shot the cove and was fooled by a bunch of teenagers waving lights at me. I thought, "that's great, they're really guiding me in!" As I got close I noticed that the cove was considerably smaller-- but I thought it was due to the rising tide. I got close and then out of nowhere a bit set hit-- I got thrown onto the sand and rolled right into a rock which gashed a nice 8" slice across the lower back portion of my wetsuit! As I gasped for air and desperately crawled out of the surf I called to the other "Crabs" to help me off with my fins. These kids ran down and pulled off my fins for me and I was able to get to my feet and out without further incident-- but it was not pretty! I just wish Jeff & Sam hadn't ditched me! Anybody know a good wetsuit repair place? I imagine the bruised ego will heal by itself...

Easy there solo diver!!! First off... I was the first one out with NO issues! Second when have I or anyone else for that matter ditched YOU! Yeah I know you get what Im sayin:D I am sorry your exit sucked but I made it in and out with ease!

I would think that you laying in your wifes lap curled up in a ball telling her how mean we were to ditch YOU and how scared you were being that you were left alone for the FIRST time would help heal that bruised ego of yours.

Tom just remember when you point a finger at someone you have three pointing back at you!

Sam it was great to dive WITH you...

This is exactly why I bring a camp lantern for the moonless, or overcast, dark nights. At Deer Creek I use a light stick on the car as a marker to find the stairs. I hope you guys learned a big lesson, that I learned long ago.:wink:

Rick

Hey now, I didn't get tossed that bad, me and Sam hit a wave equivalent to a 400 lb lineman and still kept going (can't say the same for my mask).

This is exactly why I bring a camp lantern for the moonless, or overcast, dark nights. At Deer Creek I use a light stick on the car as a marker to find the stairs. I hope you guys learned a big lesson, that I learned long ago.:wink:

Rick

they did have a couple of us on the beach with lights...they just also had a couple of campers with lights not too far over.....

they did have a couple of us on the beach with lights...they just also had a couple of campers with lights not too far over.....

Yea, but with a camp light (bright propane type), there is no mistake.

Just my 2 cents from experiance diving at night in the dark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom