Throw away or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

🥲 I believe they are going into the trash.
It took some will power to throw our
old BC’s into the trash.
Oh well …. Now we’ve got new stuff again. 😁
Old BCs (and wetsuits) should go to the trash. Regulators, OTOH, can almost always be made to perform like new without too much trouble.

Mikron service parts are really available. Put them up for the cost of shipping in the regulator classifieds. Someone will grab them.

😉 Unless someone tells me they want to buy it for the few ounces of Unobtanium in the first stage, I’m going to pitch it. Unobtanium is going for a lot of money right now.

😉 Unless someone tells me they want to buy it for the few ounces of Unobtanium in the first stage, I’m going to pitch it. Unobtanium is going for a lot of money right now.
The people who would be interested in it aren't looking in a thread titled "Throw away or ?" in the General Scuba Equipment thread.

Post it here: Classifieds: Regulators

You need a new dive shop, those parts are still available.....and are the same ones used in most of their other regs give or take a couple orings. Looking at the 2014 parts catalog (latest I have) all of the service parts used in that reg are the same ones used in all of their top end second stages of it's HIGHLY unlikely they are not available. Except for the seat, the only thing that is normally replaced are common orings. If you have a major part break....case for example, them maybe it is not available but the common service parts are. They just want new sales. FYI, most the same service parts go in the 1964 Royal Aquamaster double hose reg that go in your first stage.

Cut the hose, toss or give away the 2nd stage. Take the cut hose and put a air tool quick connect on it. Now you have a disposable beater 1st stage for filling tires or light air tool use. Don't have to use the nice dive gear to fill a low tire in the driveway.

The 2nd stage I just told you to toss, take it apart first. Try and rebuild it at home. If nothing else there is a lot to learn about how something works just by taking it apart and observing how all the parts interact with each other. Even if you never use it again, you have a better idea of what happens inside that 2nd stage. I've learned a lot in life by taking apart what others deam as trash just to understand how it works. It was being thrown out, the worst you can do it take it apart and throw it out as a bunch of little pieces instead of a whole.

If you're going to pitch them anyway, I'd happily pay for the shipping to get them here...worst case they'd get stripped for parts to keep other old gear in the water, but there's a fair chance they'd end up helping get someone in the water that can't buy new gear.
Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom