Throw away or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

binkyk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just replaced most of our gear because of age. We have two of the original Aqualung Micron regulators that I’m not sure what to do with. Even though they worked fine, I’m not interested in selling them for reuse since they’re about 30 y.o.
But … is there much use for them. First stage? Or should I just pitch them and forget about it.

Just replaced most of our gear because of age. We have two of the original Aqualung Micron regulators that I’m not sure what to do with. Even though they worked fine, I’m not interested in selling them for reuse since they’re about 30 y.o.
But … is there much use for them. First stage? Or should I just pitch them and forget about it.
There are a lot of users of old stuff, offer them to whoever will pay you for shipping, some parts may be used to save someone’s old reg.

If you can still get parts for a reg then they’re not obsolete. Chances are there is nothing wrong with those regs. As long as they spec out when rebuilt then they are pretty much reset to new specs once they are overhauled.
I have Aqualung regs from the 60’s that still work just fine.

You’re enabling hoarding. 🤣😂
I feel that sometimes allowing others who hoard a few parts so they can use the obsolete equipment may help them get over the nostalgia.

If you can still get parts for a reg then they’re not obsolete. Chances are there is nothing wrong with those regs. As long as they spec out when rebuilt then they are pretty much reset to new specs once they are overhauled.
I have Aqualung regs from the 60’s that still work just fine.
I was told that they no longer have rebuild kits for them. That’s why I wasn’t going to sell them, but didn’t know if the rest were of any value.

🥲 I believe they are going into the trash.
It took some will power to throw our
old BC’s into the trash.
Oh well …. Now we’ve got new stuff again. 😁

I believe they are going into the trash.
It took some will power to throw our
old BC’s into the trash.
That's inhumane, cruel and unusual punishment for many folks here :)

Now we’ve got new stuff again

What did you/are you getting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom