Three strikes and I'm out? Flower Gardens trip cancelled again! :-(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Don't hold your breath -- so to speak.

......well, a while back last year I discussed the E7-120 with Sea Searcher.....at that time they agreed that any tank with a 7.25" diameter, being identical to that of an AL80, would not present any 'issues' fitting into their boat racks...as was, thus, acceptable.

I tend to burn a bit more air than average, so I need that extra margin to keep up with the AL80 divers, so we can finish the dives as a group.

I'll touch base with them, to confirm last year's 'understanding'...they need to meet me half way on this...I refuse to pay for a dive trip worrying about air limitations the whole time....if they've changed their mind on me since last year, then I'll just stick with Fling/Spree.

Karl

scubafanatic:
Hi Dee,

Kinda funny 'bout Harold's tank-policy.....he has 'issues' with Coast Guard tank stowage regulations, thus generally prohibiting personal tanks.....yet Fling/Spree have no such 'issues', and are subject to the same exact Coast Guard regulations? ...wonder what the real reason is?

I know what you mean and I can't give you an answer as that's the only one I've gotten from Harold. There are lots of divers who feel as you do and he's lost business because of it. Hopefully he'll shange his rules....but as Ken said, I'm not holding my breath!

Hi Dee,

...well, if it turns out I do a Sea Searcher trip this year (probably the Sept 3--6 trip), and we've confirmed our 'agreement' to at least let me dive my E7-120 (otherwise I won't set foot on his boat in the 1st place)....just for grins I'm gonna discuss that 'policy' with him......I'm curious as to how it serves his best financial interests as a charter boat operator.

For what it's worth, I work for a major auto company finance division, specifically in the severely deliquent/repo department, and am used to spending the day on the phone, talking to the general public, and persuading them to do things they start out not really wanting to do (namely paying their car notes) ...so I have a little practice getting inside people's minds, figuring out what makes them 'tick', and applying carrots-and-sticks as appropriate....so I'll see how far I get with Harold.

Karl

I booked with Tuckers on both the June and September trips. Caught me during a winter dive-jones moment when I stopped by the shop. Then I was reminded I'd already promised Barbara we'd do a romantic get away trip Memorial day week. If you think you're a smooth talker, ya should a seen me in action!

Maybe we can do a dive together.

Texass:
If you think you're a smooth talker, ya should a seen me in action!

Des, we have seen you in action...you could sell an upright freezer to an eskimo. :biggrin2:

:rofl:

Hi Texass,
...that's sounds like fun! I'm holding off on committing to the Sept 3rd trip until I can get a better handle on how the 2004 dive season will unfold for me.....as I'm trying to prioritize my favorite trips and possibly schedule in some advanced dive classes ( mulling over Extended Range......Trimix....and Rebreather and Drysuit classes) I'm waiting on a couple of LDS's to pin down their trip and training schedules. Right now it's sounding like I might be spending a week in Akumal cave diving in Sept, if that doesn't happen, the odds are pretty good I could do the Sept 3rd FG trip....I just don't know at this point....maybe I'll rearrange my priorities if I have a lot of fun on my May 15th FG trip.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom