Suggestion Thread Revival Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Love Scubaboard but one thing that makes me boil is going into threads with new posts, reading all the way through them only to find out that the thread was started 4 years ago and someone revived it by essentially bumping it with summary advice for someone who no longer browses the forum. While I have no doubt the archive of posts that we have on this forum are invaluable, can we add an auto-lock system for inactive threads dated a year or longer? Adding to some threads is an important process which I understand but there's a good few I read through and can't help but think "why was this revived".

Well, aside from the general prohibition on name calling, one thing you *can* get banned for in a heartbeat is using $$ to bypass the autocensor. If you want to use a word like *******, and the autocensor turns it into asterisks, there's a reason for that. Those proscriptions are age independent. :)
Your feelings are exclusively your own responsibility... :) :)
Rick
Can we make it so I don't get banned for calling someone an a$$hole? I did that last year and got banned...and it really hurt my feelings. I'm getting old and we older folks should be given special privledges.
I've been trying to find that thread. Can someone help me? I was going to print it and pin it on my refrigerator "Hall of Fame".

who knew I could use the word ******* . . .

Whore opened up recently as well :D

---------- Post added March 26th, 2013 at 09:23 AM ----------

I am learning a lot from this thread. Kudos to the OP for such a useful thread :thumb:

who knew I could use the word ******* . . .
Why yes, you can use it. However, it is difficult to use it for anything other than the discussion of the word itself, or as a crude reference to anatomical parts, without assigning it to someone, i.e. negative "name calling," which is almost always a TOS violation.
YMMV
Rick :)

can I use it to describe how I feel someone is acting eg "in my opinion steve acts like an *******"?

I think everyone is free to call Denis Leary an ******* since he has proclaimed himself to be one, and made considerable money in the process :)

can I use it to describe how I feel someone is acting eg "in my opinion steve acts like an *******"?

:hm: can we start a poll to legally change his name to *******?

:hm: can we start a poll to legally change his name to *******?

Interesting, wonder if one could change their name or register as *******...

Sent from my pasture using Tabableet 2

Me before a haircut.....

kramer-the-ass-man.jpg

Why yes, you can use it. However, it is difficult to use it for anything other than the discussion of the word itself, or as a crude reference to anatomical parts, without assigning it to someone, i.e. negative "name calling," which is almost always a TOS violation.
YMMV
Rick :)

So I could have said, "I know you don't mean to act like an *******, but if you continue with these provocative, aggravating posts, it's possible that you may be misconstrued as one by EVERYONE on this board". ??

Back
Top Bottom