Suggestion Thread Revival Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Love Scubaboard but one thing that makes me boil is going into threads with new posts, reading all the way through them only to find out that the thread was started 4 years ago and someone revived it by essentially bumping it with summary advice for someone who no longer browses the forum. While I have no doubt the archive of posts that we have on this forum are invaluable, can we add an auto-lock system for inactive threads dated a year or longer? Adding to some threads is an important process which I understand but there's a good few I read through and can't help but think "why was this revived".

I wish posts had a thank you button. I'd always thank you,

IF this were any sort of Democracy, you would have your wish! :gas:

That particular feature was the victim of some smaller, more closed minds being seriously threatened by some of the more creative ones here in SB. The powers opted to attempt to appease the needs of the few who need to find something to be offended by.

That particular feature was the victim of some smaller, more closed minds being seriously threatened by some of the more creative ones here in SB. The powers opted to attempt to appease the needs of the few who need to find something to be offended by.
Who's to thank for that!?

in all seriousness.

SB is more like a family, disfunctional, but family.

we have a dad (pete)

and a bunch of aunts and uncles who keep us in line and decide what is best for the family.

we users are the kids of the family, we have input throught the suggestions and support forums but in the end it is up to the aunts, uncles and dad to decide what we are and are not allowed to do.

we may not like when they take away our toys (thanks button) but we deal with it. we get over it.

we fit among ourselves, make fun of sometimes but in the end we all stand together.

in the last couple years SB had some legal issues, a long long long story, and we all came together and put our money together to defend this board that we all enjoy being on.

the point is, this is not a democracy, it never was and never will be.

~John

Holy c*&p! Was there a single gunshot heard following this? LB, you still with us? LB? LB?

Holy c*&p! Was there a single gunshot heard following this? LB, you still with us? LB? LB?

nah, but there was heavy drinking.

I couldn't believe i tried to make a positive impact to SB or this thread.

need more beer.

ran out of rum.

Who's to thank for that!?

I'd link to the threads about that, but hate to re-open all those old threads again.

nah, but there was heavy drinking.

I couldn't believe i tried to make a positive impact to SB or this thread.

need more beer.

ran out of rum.

:cheers:

Or, at 8:30AM: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom