Thread pulling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Lighten up. He was supporting the decision. Puritan in this case is a good thing. Kids are on the board, they do need protection. Everyone is glad the moderators that that responsibility seriously.

Walter:
Wow! Lighten up. He was supporting the decision. Puritan in this case is a good thing. Kids are on the board, they do need protection. Everyone is glad the moderators that that responsibility seriously.

Sorry Walter, I'm calling BS on that claim ...

I woke up really early one morning and all the UK divers have got a great thread on the tech forum about how to perform certain social interactions at 200ft. Good details on the right kind of beavertail wetsuit to use and other useful information. I go to get the wife so she can read it too. By the time we get back, I guess the puritan moderators in North America had awoken and the thread was gone.

Doesn't sound very supportive to me ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

android:
But this is the whine forum, so I'm really complaining about the overall lack of openess in our US society to discuss any topic in a mature and analytical way.

Well, it's the good ol' american way. It's someone elses responsibility to teach my child about sex, but of course not until I'm good and ready to have them know about that. So until then, I want you all to watch how you act around my child so they aren't damaged... or I'll sue.

If anybody has a right to complain I would be one. I just had a post pulled because several someones had their mind WAAYY in the gutter. Am I upset?, nope. If I am kicked off I will simply get a hotmail or yahoo email, use a different name and log back on.

BTW, my post said something about I was going through several keyboards because of Shakazulu's daily avatar. They are hotties.
What was meant was that I was drooling on my keyboard. Put your mind way in the gutter and you can imagine what was thought by others.

crpntr133:
What was meant was that I was drooling on my keyboard. Put your mind way in the gutter and you can imagine what was thought by others.

Not that far of a stretch IMO. And i don't think my mind is way in the gutter, just a little in the gutter. :wink:

Perception is everything. Assuming others perceive things like you do is usually a mistake.

I would rather that the mods error on the conservative side rather than let something go that really shouldn't have been. JM$0.02W

NWGratefulDiver:
It isn't. Neither is it against the rules to complain about the ToS being enforced ... or label someone "puritan" for enforcing them. But it does come across as rather ignorant (Grateful Diver)
From Merriam-Webster:

puritan[1,noun]puritan[2,adjective]

Main Entry: 1pu·ri·tan
Pronunciation: 'pyur-&-t&n
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from Late Latin puritas purity
: one who practices or preaches a more rigorous or professedly purer moral code than that which prevails

I'm not a mod, but if you had called me this, all could say would be...Thank you!

Rick Inman:
From Merriam-Webster:

puritan[1,noun]puritan[2,adjective]

Main Entry: 1pu·ri·tan
Pronunciation: 'pyur-&-t&n
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from Late Latin puritas purity
: one who practices or preaches a more rigorous or professedly purer moral code than that which prevails

I'm not a mod, but if you had called me this, all could say would be...Thank you!

Yeah ... except that the reason the particular thread got pulled had nothing to do with morals.

I'm a bit put off by this entire thread. See ... when threads get pulled, they get put in a place where the mods can see them, discuss why they got pulled, and possibly get cleaned up and put back. Some of the threads that allegedly got "pulled" (i.e. got talked about in this thread) have not showed up there.

Which makes me wonder whether they got pulled at all ... or whether the complainers just forgot where they saw the thread in question and assumed that since they couldn't find it, it must've been pulled.

This whole thread's just got my BS alarm clanging ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

when threads get pulled, they get put in a place where the mods can see them, discuss why they got pulled, and possibly get cleaned up and put back. Some of the threads that allegedly got "pulled" (i.e. got talked about in this thread) have not showed up there.

Which makes me wonder whether they got pulled at all ... or whether the complainers just forgot where they saw the thread in question and assumed that since they couldn't find it, it must've been pulled.

Having been a moderator, I know there are other reasons why the threads in question might not be in the back room. I won't discuss them in public, but your statement is misleading and you know it.

Walter:
Bob,
Having been a moderator, I know there are other reasons why the threads in question might not be in the back room. I won't discuss them in public, but your statement is misleading and you know it.

No Walter ... I don't "know it".

Things have changed a bit since you were a moderator ... and my statement is accurate.

If you don't wish to discuss it publicly, feel free to PM me with whatever info you have that I'm not privy to.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom