Thread pulling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never buddy... only misquoting what you wrote :D

Uncle Pug:
New virtual mutt ~ Lilly
Lilly.jpg
Awwww, cute mutt.... what's her story?

Does Giggles still come around?

BabyDuck:
plus he was giving an example, not saying anything like that actually happened.

I didn't take it literally. I'm a Dane. Were not literal people. Nor, sometimes are, our answers. Sometimes that causes a bit of confusion abroad, so sorry (so shoot me, really ;0).

I was merely trying, in my humble little way, to be funny - then of course I read all the other entries about the dog. Duh. Seems that it hit some common nerve.

What brought me to this thread was that sometimes I'm a bored ****less (literally)public pool lifeguard who spends his intervals sifting through the diving detritis in the hope of finding something that can spark the energy for another shift at the pools (indoor. Heated. Bad air. Steam of chlorid. Please take me to the ocean and release me.)

This one was posted on "latest threads" in think, but anyhow is it really bad form to take up old threads (to be honest I didn't check dates)?

Santa:
This one was posted on "latest threads" in think, but anyhow is it really bad form to take up old threads (to be honest I didn't check dates)?
I think it is. I try to read all the posts in a thread before replying so having one long thread annoys me. If the conversation warrants continuning then just start a new thread.

Santa:
What brought me to this thread was that sometimes I'm a bored ****less (literally)public pool lifeguard who spends his intervals sifting through the diving detritis in the hope of finding something that can spark the energy for another shift at the pools (indoor. Heated. Bad air. Steam of chlorid. Please take me to the ocean and release me.)

Santa,

So that's where you spend your off time until Christmas! I want a new re-breather when it's that season! I've been a good boy! :D

Actually, you can resurrect old threads (within reason) if you have additions to them. Just try to make some comment that brings them into the current time-frame! :crafty:

Cheers!

Rob

Snowbear:
Awwww, cute mutt.... what's her story?

Does Giggles still come around?
Yes, Giggles still comes around. Lilly really isn't a mutt... she's an Australian Shepherd Blue Merle. She is Maddie's puppy.

BigJetDriver69:
Santa,

So that's where you spend your off time until Christmas! I want a new re-breather when it's that season! I've been a good boy! :D

Yeah, man that's why the beards white. I'm a chlorid blonde. I shall see about the rebreather - although I'm a little short on work force these days since recently I found that - much like kittens - elves don't require deep testing.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can resurrect old threads (within reason) if you have additions to them. Just try to make some comment that brings them into the current time-frame! :crafty:

Cheers!

Rob[/QUOTE]

Something along the lines of "in the year of our lord ... " perhaps? I shall try to mend my ways.

regards

scubafool:
Why is it that threads get pulled so suddenly around here? I am quite certain that the mods can delete individual posts in a thread without removing the whole thing, as I have seen it happen. Why should posts by a few get an otherwise good thread pulled?

just the way things are. i try not to dwell on it

Compared to many forums, we pull very few threads. We try to clean them up when we can, but that does require diver power to do it. For many of us, our plates are too full to begin with. We do what we can and when we can.

NetDoc:
Compared to many forums, we pull very few threads. We try to clean them up when we can, but that does require diver power to do it. For many of us, our plates are too full to begin with. We do what we can and when we can.
All in all, I think you guys do a pretty good job. Most of the threads I've seen pulled have been rapid fire flame wars. It's nearly impossible for the moderators to clean up a thread when you're getting a couple replies each minute.

Back
Top Bottom