Thread pulling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I just thought that it would have been relatively simple to delete all the posts that weren't on topic. There were posts that recalled the events & members reaction to said events, & there were posts that didn't. It seemed to me that there was a clear line between the two of them, but then again, things always seem much clearer when you aren't the one in charge. Maybe I am guilty of a little armchair moderating here. Sometimes I tell my wife how to drive when she's driving, too. :D

Uncle Pug:
Well I hate cat crap too... but cleaning out the box is no solution. You need to get rid of the box and encourage the cat to go back home to the neighbors.

I don't think the neighbors want her either.

Ah, yes different thread then. I wasnt sure about whether the 9/11 one might get emotional and political - guess it did, i didnt check back on it after i posted there. So many threads, a few pulled, all for good reason i am very sure.

Does that give you some kind of closure now David??? Once i get this cavern cert, we will have to get out again sometime - of course at the moment i am a little tied up - not spaghetti though, just doing all the dives to get the skills out of the way and avoiding this stupid storms! :wink:

I think if a thread gets out of control, closing the thread to further posting is a better way to educate the new poster/thread reviewer of what not to do (the mod can even close the thread with a message as to why).

The thread was closed, than later pulled. BTW, Shaka, you are looking very fetching today.

Simon, I am looking forward to it.

Just a naive question....was there ever a time when SB was not moderated? Oh, ye of old times, what were those days like?

Jim

I understand that the 9/11 thread was going away from it's original intention but is there a way you can put it back locked so as it can be viewed and not posted to? i say this only because i would like to see what people said about there experiences.

Thanks
John

Walter:

Interesting. I figured that moderation was started because the users weren't capable of moderating themselves (i.e., if you don't like it, don't read it). Guess not.

Jim

You can see all of the hair pulling & the spitballs flying about now. I'd hate to see us without any control at all. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom