Thread pulling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be useful to know if there is a specific thread in question or just a general comment on 'thread pulling'.

If its a specific thread, I can go pull the paperwork on it and tell you who pulled it, who signed off on it being pulled, which paragraph & sentence of the TOS was being violated.

If its a recent pull, then it will be online, otherwise I will have to go back to the microfiche.

Sorry Boss, should I pull my post :wink:

Boss... where?

(If you do get a specific thread mentioned and find out who pulled it then turn this thread over to them for any further action/discussion/disclosure/beatingofadeadhorse.)

Simon, you must remember that it is supervisor, not moderator. :D

I appreciate everyone's thoughts & explanations. Hasn't helped much, but at least y'all tried.

I believe you are thinking of the wrong thread, Simon. I started this thread when the Sept. 11th Memorial thread got pulled.

I am not here demanding answers and accountability. Heck, just being able to read & post on this board is a privilege, and not a right. I just wanted to say that it is my opinion that sometimes threads could be cleaned up instead of pulled. Yes, cleansing a thread has it's own problems, but in some cases the thread is worth putting up with them, IMHO

And once again, I give all the mods a well earned thank you.

scubafool:
Simon, you must remember that it is supervisor, not moderator. :D

I appreciate everyone's thoughts & explanations. Hasn't helped much, but at least y'all tried.

I believe you are thinking of the wrong thread, Simon. I started this thread when the Sept. 11th Memorial thread got pulled.

I am not here demanding answers and accountability. Heck, just being able to read & post on this board is a privilege, and not a right. I just wanted to say that it is my opinion that sometimes threads could be cleaned up instead of pulled. Yes, cleansing a thread has it's own problems, but in some cases the thread is worth putting up with them, IMHO

And once again, I give all the mods a well earned thank you.

You may even remember that I personally posted to the thread. While I was not the Moderator involved in closing the thread, I can tell you that it would have been a challenge deciding whose opinion/experience was worthwhile and whose was not.

If the thread had been about diving, it would have been relatively easy to keep the 'facts' and remove the opinions. Once you cross over the line of keeping some opinions/experiences but not others, you are bound to upset someone.

Generally speaking, we do try to delete individual posts rather than pulling the entire thread. That isn't always obvious to you since you can see the posts that were deleted and it looks basically like a single continuous set of posts without gaps.

Hope thats helps....

Back
Top Bottom