Thoughts on this OMS Performance BP/W? Selling price is $300 USD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mzanin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to make the transition to my first BP/W and looking for a simple DIR setup.
I was planning on buying the XDeep NX Zen but this second hand OMS looks pretty good (even though I'm not a fan of the color) and would be at least $200-300 cheaper. The only thing the seller has written in the description is that it has 32 pounds (15kgs) of lift. I think this is probably the OMS performance mono with the comfort harness 3 but I might be wrong (OMS Comfort Harness III Signature System Performance Wing).

One issue I have with it is that I will not be able to try this out before buying it. But for a BP/W is that really something to be concerned about?
I would like to know whether anyone has had any experience with OMS? Any reason why I should avoid this?
Are there any particular questions I should ask the seller?

272066696_4992281680863033_5354701180527806520_n.jpg
272106737_4803393326396035_4488658323991100116_n.jpg
272122658_4922768674411710_6122801879934723397_n.jpg
272035303_4640468849341819_3765677695755956234_n.jpg

Not a bad deal. You'll need to rework the harness and get rid of 4 of those d rings and You can always reuse the hardware on a basic harness. Just buy 15 ft of 2 inch webbing. That's around $15 in the US. Still make out on the deal. Maybe replace the corrugated hose as it is way too long. Another 20 bucks or so.

It certainly has plenty of D rings. If you are looking for a simple harness this isn’t it but I have found these to be comfortable, less that $20 for a one piece harness and you’ll have a lot of spare hardware.

1. Get it first.
2. Simple harness is dirt cheap.
3. Someone might want to buy the "not too comfort harness"!

Poor OMS ... they never got it and i doubt they ever will.

That said, with some work (see above) you might be able to salvage a deal. Lose the double dongle on the dump (funniest thing i have seen on SB in a while...i don't think OMS can take credit for that though) and remove or obscure the logos so other divers don't jump to conclusions about you.

You'll have to toss the harness and will probably want to replace the overly long corrugated tubing too. SS or aluminum plate?

Poor OMS ... they never got it and i doubt they ever will.

That said, with some work (see above) you might be able to salvage a deal. Lose the double dongle on the dump (funniest thing i have seen on SB in a while...i don't think OMS can take credit for that though) and remove or obscure the logos so other divers don't jump to conclusions about you.
HAHA :) Ok the general consensus is that the harness is ****, the double dongle for the dump valve is weird (thought the same), and the corrugated tubing is too long. So basically the only thing worth salvaging is the wing which is actually only $250 brand new.

I've made 2 regretful second hand bcd purchases in the past so I might skip on this and just go for the new XDeep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom