Thoughts on this OMS Performance BP/W? Selling price is $300 USD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You wanted a DIR harness/setup as in your first post.
A DIR Harness is a simple one piece, continuous piece of webbing with a minimalist approach.
This harness is not. As alluded above, harness is cheap. D-rings and a buckle even cheaper.

You wanted a DIR harness/setup as in your first post.
A DIR Harness is a simple one piece, continuous piece of webbing with a minimalist approach.
This harness is not. As alluded above, harness is cheap. D-rings and a buckle even cheaper.
Thanks I'm still pretty new to DIR and didn't realize that this harness was not "DIR approved", but yes I got it now after comparing to other simpler harnesses. I could get a brand new OMS bladder with a new blackplate and it would probably cost the same as this one (minus the harness) so probably not worth buying it imo.

Aluminum plate... Why is everyone saying to ditch the harness?
In the first line of your original post you said you're looking for a "simple DIR setup". That thing is neither simple or DIR. One single piece of webbing, a D-ring at each clavicle and one more at the left hip, one in front and another on the back of the crotch strap. Two elastic bands below the chest D-rings to secure your back-up lights.

Thanks I'm still pretty new to DIR and didn't realize that this harness was not "DIR approved", but yes I got it now after comparing to other simpler harnesses. I could get a brand new OMS bladder with a new blackplate and it would probably cost the same as this one (minus the harness) so probably not worth buying it imo.

Depends on prices where you are: in the US a new OMS wing and a steel backplate would be a hundred bucks more that $300.

Has there been a significant number of non DIR harnesses fail because they were not one continuous piece of webbing?

Back
Top Bottom