Thoughts on the xDEEP Ghost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @MrTW for your thoughts and review of the XDeep Ghost. I am considering it as a jacket-style BC replacement.
I attached two more D-rings, which provided plenty of spots to attach my gear.
Where did you place the extra 2 D-rings?

Also, I would recommend paying the incremental cost for a Deluxe version for some extra comfort.
Do you own the Deluxe, or wish you owned the Deluxe?

Now, that said, at that time the Ghost was still under warranty - if that would have not been the case, an out of warranty replacement bladder would have been cost prohibitive and I would have likely bought an entire new wing (one with inner AND outer bladder!).
Is it possible to swap out the Ghost's wing for a different one (like the one on the Zen)? I thought its configuration only allowed the Ghost's wing to be attached.
Also I saw in one of your subsequent posts that your replacement wing also punctured. Is there any reason that you see for this? I would hate to have to cut a trip short for a punctured wing.

Thanks again,
Dan

Is it possible to swap out the Ghost's wing for a different one (like the one on the Zen)? I thought its configuration only allowed the Ghost's wing to be attached.
Also I saw in one of your subsequent posts that your replacement wing also punctured. Is there any reason that you see for this? I would hate to have to cut a trip short for a punctured wing.

Thanks again,
Dan
You can use the Zen bladder on the Ghost backplate. In fact they actually sell it as the xDeep Zen Ultralight.

Hmmm. I don't see a "Zen Ultralight" on their website, so I sent them an email.

Hmmm. I don't see a "Zen Ultralight" on their website, so I sent them an email.
XDeep doesn’t have the best website navigation and often their distributors have a better shopping experience. Just Google Ultralight Zen and you will get hits for dealers. They sure talk about it on the Facebook XDeep NX Series Backmount group.

Thanks I'll have a look. Just wondering whether I'm overanalyzing the the Ghost wing's single-layer, but I would hate to be diving a wreck and have it puncture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom