Those who own Stiletto and Ranger BC's, which do you like the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I love my Ranger BC and have since the day I bought it, about 5 years ago. But, I also like the streamlined bladder and the characteristics of the Stiletto BC as I have tried it on at my LDS and really like it's compactness.
They will be having a sale soon and I think I'll pick up one for my warmer water summer dives and use the Ranger for my colder water, drysuit dives.

I just thought I would pick the brains of you that own both of the theses great BCs and dive them both and get your opinions of how they stack up against each other on dives.

Thanks!

I switched to the Stiletto a few years back, and have never regreted it; great product/manufacturer. I removed the extra weight pockets, added a split saddle strap and longer inflator hose; Zeagle took care of everything at no charge. In fact, every time I've needed service or adjustments Zeagle has gone out of their way to take care of me; awesome company! The Rangers is just too much BC for what I need. However, I have been itching to try the Express Tech. I've heard it may be the best BC they've ever done.

Last edited:
I dove my Stiletto in the Galapagos in a 7 mil and about 30# of lead, worked like a champ. Use it when I dive wet in So Cal. Great uncomplicated BC.

I like the Stiletto better. The compactness and ease is terrific and it has more than enough lift for heavy wetsuit and lead. As a warm water bc, it is great.
I have the Stiletto, the Tech, and the Ranger. I also have the Tech express. Very cool bc! But if I had to have only one to suit my needs, I'd go with the Stiletto.

Hi Borg,

I have both the Zeagle Ranger and Stiletto. I dive the Ranger for coldwater with drysuit and steel tanks - like the extra lift, especially with a pony and extra gear.

I use the Stiletto for warmwater diving. It packs well, dives great, and I do like having the pockets for slate, safety sausage, backup light. It had held up well in the sun and salt and still looks brand new.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom