This week's dumb question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Currently diving my PST HP100. Specs:
Empty: -1.3 Full: -8.8

My e8-130 comes in on Tuesday (yippie) and it's specs are:
Empty: -4.8 Full: -14.6

I'm currently diving with a Steel BP/W with 10# on the belt for my HP100. I won't get a chance to "test dive" my 130 (and therefore, won't get a real world weight test) but if it the specs state the 130 is 3.5 pounds more negative (more negative...??!!) empty than the HP100, has your experience been I can roll 3 or 4 pounds off the belt?

Although I should probably weight for true empty (500).... Is the -3.5 enough to sweat until I can do a real weight test, or should I just dive with the 10# I have been diving?

My thought is this: I'll be diving with people diving the e8-119 and even 95's...so the chances of me getting to 500# (and thus, a true empty weight situation) is unlikely. I'll always have gas in the can. And so I'll likely always be significantly heavy:

* The -3.5 (all things equal...both empty)

* The excess gas I'll be schlepping around as my buddies will have smaller cylinders

Options:

1) Take -3.5 off the belt for this water heater

2) Keep my weight the same and deal

Those of you who switched to the 130's... how did you change your weighting? Was it close to PST's posted specs?

Thanks -

K

For the PST E8-130, I'm looking at:

Full: -11.55

Empty: -1.8

Your numbers are closer to the old LP 104... -12.6 and -4.8

Darlene

Some day, someone will release a reliable list. If you're confident in your numbers (as I have 3 or 4 charts that are all different) I'm very happy...as there is no signigicant difference.

Lets hope! Its unreal to me that there isn't a single source (like, oh, the MANUFACTURER) where these numbers can be consistently downloaded.

Mui thanks -

K

I just checked, his nos are correct. Sorry can't give you any objective comparisons (I am still debating wheter to get the HPs or the E8s.)

PST's published numbers for the HP120 (E7-120) are correct for fresh water with valve and boot. I checked :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom