this week's dive plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris, there's a map here:

http://www.scubaparadise.com/howtoget2.htm

If you need the best way to get to the SSP or Belt coming from the west, maybe Ben can help. I'll be coming from the opposite direction.

Scott

Beach 9th is in the LI Shore Diver book, but I am not sure how good the directions are. If you know how to get to JFK Airport, then getting to Beach 9th is very easy. You can find directions and the address from the Almost Paradise website here . If anyone is concerned about getting there, just PM me and I will give you my cell phone so that you can give me a call on your way there.

TTSkipper

Hey Guys- Sorry we didn't make it out this morning. We just got a new foster dog who'd been badly beaten and starved. He woke us up at 5AM having some kind of seizure. We rushed out to the 24 hour vet, and I didn't think to grab my cell phone.

Hope you both had a great dive!

Scott

Not bad. Vis wasn't great, cleared up a little once you got down to the bottom and current was pretty strong, especially towards the end of the dive.

Not the greatest conditions for me to try out my new toys in! But...saw tons of huge spider crabs and we saw a flounder pretty close to shore, and all in all still much more life than the quarry!

How's the puppy?

Are you sure you just didn't want to hear me yelling "1851" all day?

Martin an dutchfin - I'll be on the peninsula side, where we parked last time (back of the top lot). I'm going to set up camp right out of my car (red explorer sport, blue canopy). It's a little bit of a walk to the water that way, but better than having to haul everything up the hill at the end of the day.

I should be there around 12:00. Please let me know if you guys are going to be somewhere else or can't make it. You guys are my buddies, so if you don't go, I'd be making my 2nd weekly Dutch Sprins trip for an air fill!

chris,
i'll be there. either at the top or the bottom of the hill where we were last time.

grunzster once bubbled...
How's the puppy?

Are you sure you just didn't want to hear me yelling "1851" all day?

:D LOL

The pup is OK. His problems stem from being so malnourished. I just need to keep cramming him full of dog chow for awhile.

Hope you all have fun at DS tomorrow. We'll be hitting the water somewhere out east.

Scott

had a great dive day at dutch. did two dives with dutchfin. grunzster joined us for the second dive. air temp was chilly but water was apparently still tolerable (low 50s) as grunzster dove wet and could still move and feel all his limbs by the end of the dive. dutchfin was a fantastic guide. he knows every nook at dutch and gets you right back to your point of entry. he must have a gps chip implanted in his brain. thanks for the great tour!

I think I may have been the only one there crazy enough to dive wet. Felt fine at depth, I maxed out at about 70, but if anyone saw my frozen a** shaking as I changed behind my truck!

Great dive! Finally got to see the pump house. Thanks! And as far as the dutchfin's navigation skills, the first thing I saw when I poked my head back up, was my water bottle still sitting on the dock waiting for me!

Looking at the map now, we did cover a pretty big area. I think I need to get a pair of jets for the next one though! Or a scooter!

LMAO !!! Thanks for a nice day of diving guys. It was fun. Grunster,as you mentioned, we did cover a fairly large area. If I didn't step on the throttle, I'm not sure we'd have made it back swimming with that "hoover" LOL ! Thanks again guys, we'll do it again sometime

Back
Top Bottom