this week's dive plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool thanks for the link. I'll copy the text to a new file later and read it. As long as my eyes stop hurting from trying to read that page.

Martin I should be up there Sunday. I have the same plan as last week. LI shore dive Sat and Dutch Sun. Would be nice to actually get to daive after making the trip to Dutch this week!

I'm up ther almost every week-end Doc. Just let me know where you are. I'm usually on the penninsula side but diving on the other side is no problem. As of right now, I'll be needing a buddy too.

ScottyK I lied again :D it looks like my original estimates on the times for my dive last week were wrong. The computer never lies.

Based on the tide table and what DocMartin said last sunday low tide was at 8:31am, I was in the water at 8:15am and did a dive for about 55 minutes. The end of my dive was definately closer to the beach within the breakwalls and out of the current if it was strong at that point.

From what I know you have about 30 minutes on either side of the slack that you can be out in the channel. That being the case we could try and get in the water about 7:10 or so and still be able to do 30 minutes out in deeper water in the channel and then come in closer to shore for the last half of the dive. I will double check this with some people from my dive shop who dive there more often tomorrow when I pick up a tank.

The gate to Beach 9th opens at about 7:00, we can actually park on the street before that and start to unload our gear and then once they open the gate we can move our vehicles into the lot.

Anyone interested in going on Saturday morning PM me and I will give you my cell phone number so that we can contact each other if there are any issues.

TTSkipper

Jen and I will be there at 6:30.

Ben- BTW, it's $17 to park, and they have hot showers for after the dive IIRC. Is that correct???

Xjae- Great links to those tide articles!!!!

The state of Almost Paradise which is the operation that runs at Beach 9th is in limbo because the property has apparently been sold. I spoke to LDS and they said that we can just go there but there will probably not be any hot water. If the owner does not open the gate to the parking lot, we can still park the next street over which has on street parking with no meters and enter via the pedestrian gate on that street. I will take a ride by there tonight and make sure that everything looks okay, then I will put up another post just confirming that we should be fine. Last week at night we parked on the next street and entered through the ped gate and had no issues. As far as cost , I think that I paid $15 when I was there on Sunday.

TTSkipper

Where is it?

I can make the early time, just need directions, an exit to meet at.

Or is it in the LI shore Diver book?

Back
Top Bottom