This weekend 04/19 - 04/20/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan...let me get this straight. Pain just to the right of "dead center" of the abdomen? Might I inquire whether it felt like a moderately dull pain, sharpening at times (particularly 2-3 hours after eating), at times feeling like someone had impaled you with a spear from back to front?
If this sounds familiar, you know what my world was like last month. And that's why I'm not diving right now, since I'm still recovering from having my gall bladder removed 12 days ago. You are very correct...getting old sucks.
The good news for me, though, is that I'm getting my strength back quickly and I'm planning on getting underwater again about the middle of May.
Hope these symptoms are NOT familiar to you, though. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE!

It's more like a dull ache, but it's definitely from the front, not the back, and it begins before I eat. Sometimes it just feels like a pulled muscle. I had someone ask me once if I had ever had trouble with my spleen, to which I answered no. I think it may be too high for appendicitis, but gall bladder trouble had not occurred to me. I sincerely hope that's not what it is, and I wish you a very speedy recovery from your ailment.

You might check with DAN but I would go see my family doctor and get that checked out. Better safe than sorry.

You might check with DAN but I would go see my family doctor and get that checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks, but it's not dive-related, I'm certain of that. For it to be dive-related would imply that I've been diving recently, and that's something I haven't been doing. :(

I will go to the doctor if it persists, though.

Sooo, Thomas? How did it go? FooMan and I were in San Diego for a few days, but we didn't do any diving in CA, as we were too busy with company-planned fun events and a few meetings splashed in here and there. :wink: Maybe a dive this upcoming weekend is in my future. Probably CSSP or TSP. Come one, come all.

Sooo, Thomas? How did it go? FooMan and I were in San Diego for a few days, but we didn't do any diving in CA, as we were too busy with company-planned fun events and a few meetings splashed in here and there. :wink: Maybe a dive this upcoming weekend is in my future. Probably CSSP or TSP. Come one, come all.

It went ok. I got in several hour+ dives over the weekend. The outside temp was around 80°, but it was windy as all get out. The vis was actually better on the south end than it was on the north for a change, I was getting 20 foot or better from the boat south, with everything on the north end being around 5-10 foot. Temps ran from 68° at the surface down to about 5', then they dropped to 66° down to 15'. From 15' to 22' I was reading 63°, from 23' to 30' it was 61°. After that it started getting cold.... At the coffin, which sits in 35', it was 57°. I didn't hang around down there very long, since I'm such a wimp....LOL. All in all, a good weekend.

I'm not gonna be out this weekend, gotta do the daddy thing Saturday then work Sunday. I'm sure I'll be out somewhere the next Sunday, and I'm definitely gonna do Steve's TSP thing in May. Maybe I'll win something good, or maybe I'll just get to see you. Either way, I'm still a winner :wink:

It went ok. I got in several hour+ dives over the weekend. I'm sure I'll be out somewhere the next Sunday, and I'm definitely gonna do Steve's TSP thing in May. Maybe I'll win something good, or maybe I'll just get to see you. Either way, I'm still a winner :wink:

Any buddies join you? Or are you going to make me scold you... :wink: Okay, then, I'll see you at Steve's TSP thing in May! I look forward to it, it's been too long! Be safe.

Any buddies join you? Or are you going to make me scold you... :wink:

I guess you're just gonna have to spank me, cuz I've been a baaaaad boy :mooner: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom