This was so "funny" ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
Ghillie (our Border Collie) butts our hands with his head about a million times a day. It's his way of saying "pat me". So we do.

Today he started licking my hand and his tongue encountered a piece of duct tape on my right index finger. Next thing I knew he was using his teeth to pry the tape off my finger. No bite; just gently rolling the edge back.

I lost my two beautiful Border Collies a year and a half ago...they are the most wonderful and smartest dogs I've ever seen! Give Ghillie a pat from me.

two, at one time? very sad.

I have a head butt-er too Green.

and he does "bang-bang" tricks. he drops to the floor with a thud, and closes his eyes like he is dead...but he peeps out of one eye to watch your response.

catherine96821:
two, at one time? very sad.

I have a head butt-er too Green.

and he does "bang-bang" tricks. he drops to the floor with a thud, and closes his eyes like he is dead...but he peeps out of one eye to watch your response.

Nice trick. Did you teach that to him?

Ghillie has no real "tricks" except he once did leap a 5ft fence that separated him from the alpha female (my wife). His behavior is typically very work oriented and consequently he either ignores, or tries to control, strange animals and many people.

yes, you preceed a belly rub with the bang bang. then, the dog gets used to dropping in anticipation of the rub. Then when you are showing off, you skip the rub. that is the trick to the trick.

Also, he blows bubbles on command in the pool.

and I trained him not to eat the bunny. But he still salivates heavily.

catherine96821:
yes, you preceed a belly rub with the bang bang. then, the dog gets used to dropping in anticipation of the rub. Then when you are showing off, you skip the rub. that is the trick to the trick.

Also, he blows bubbles on command in the pool.

and I trained him not to eat the bunny. But he still salivates heavily.

And the bunny seems happy to know he is safe !!!

border collies are really good dogs. fun to watch around cattle, too
i recently realized that i have a soft spot for yorkies. My parents' yorkie has totally different locations in the house to run to in response to asking her about different animals
for example "Where are those...deer, squirrels, turkeys, chipmunks, kitty, bunnies?"
each has an entirely different window that she looks out of and gives a investigative "ruff".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom