Frog Fish on Las Palmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepsea21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Again, I have to give credit where credit is due. I've been diving this island for 20? years and have only seen 1 frog fish and that was many years ago. Maybe others spot them all the time but I know DM's who have been diving this island for years and have never seen one. Anyway, my one and only was found and pointed out by our DM Walter when we were diving with Aqua Safari before we migrated to 3P's about 8-9 years ago. That frog fish was the color of the sand... He signaled us and we come in and he's pointing at something. I'm like 3' away staring at his finger that is pointing right at it a few inches away and I'm wondering what is he pointing at. He then waves his hand gently so this creature can be recognized and there it is... It appears to me like magic with its little feet and that black eye all of a sudden has a place. I was in total amazement at what I just materialized before me.

Obviously Walter remains a great friend who we keep in touch with even though we moved on from Aqua Safari after Bill Horn sold it to Palace Resorts.

This was Walter's most recent find that he posted a few days ago. Just awesome. I wish I had been on that dive with him when he spotted this one. I wouldn't have needed any waving of his hand to recognize this one.

Awesome find Walter!

IMG_8683.jpg

Back
Top Bottom