This is what gas prices are coming to!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having seen diesel at $5 a gallon here today, I can understand that.

Having seen diesel at $5 a gallon here today, I can understand that.

$5.36 In Bakersfield CA.

Do we all want to know what gas sells for in Saudi Arabia ...?

I work for a gas Company, SORRY.... I was given the chance to see gas prices in other countries tonight.

Saudi.. gas is ** 29 cent's a gallon**

This is no Joke.:11:

Our Government is Rapping us...

I just wanted to share this great laugh.

I guess I'm just one of those down to earth practical people who realize that this country and economy run off of oil. I'm all for the development of alternative fuels, from coal, to natural gas to electricty and hydrogen.

I was listening to a speaker a while back and he said that we use 10,000 gallons of oil a second in this country.

For the life of me I can't understand why we refuse to tap the natural resources that we have such as drilling off the west coast, the east coast and in the Arctic.

High oil prices come down to supply and demand. As well as all the environmental restrictions that we have imposed on ourselves. Our new clean diesel costs about three times what regular diesel costs to produce.

In March I made a nice trip through Mexico driving to Cozumel. Diesel fuel was 57 to 60 pesos a liter which is less than $2.40 a gallon.

I live in Louisiana and drilling rigs are a part of life here. Whether on or off shore. If you ever want to see what great manmade reefs look like you need to come dive the rigs offshore. There is more marine life than you can imagine.

I guess in the meantime we will use 30-40 percent of all our corn and soybean supply to make ethanol and drive the price of meat and bread products through the roof. I would love to see us go to sugar cane if we are going to make ethanol. Yes, we grow lots of sugar cane here as well. Might as well make our farmers some money.

Even if we drilled new oil supplies, we'd need new refineries to create the product to meet the demand. It's about time we took a serious look at alternate energy sources for those needs we can meet easily, saving the oil for those less easily met with alternate sources.

I just filled up yesterday at $5.83/gal. Good thing I only bought 3.4 gallons which will last me about 2 months.

I guess I'm just one of those down to earth practical people who realize that this country and economy run off of oil.
For the life of me I can't understand why we refuse to tap the natural resources that we have such as drilling off the west coast, the east coast and in the Arctic.
High oil prices come down to supply and demand. As well as all the environmental restrictions that we have imposed on ourselves. Our new clean diesel costs about three times what regular diesel costs to produce.

There's down-to-earth practical, and there's short-sighted.

Our environmental restrictions are a political compromise, far weaker than they ought to be for our long-term health, but a grudging recognition that we've been treating the air we breath as the equivalent of using our reservoirs as cesspools to the point that we can literally see it.

The offshore and Alaska reserves are about all that's left under our political control. Considering how we've squandered everything else so quickly, how about we leave it there for a hundred years, or two. Using it now will ease the pain only very slightly anyway. Maybe our great-grandchildren will really need it, and maybe not just to burn, and might have the technology to extract it with far less environmental damage.

If our real standard of living was reduced by half we'd still be far better off than most humans who've ever lived. Selfishly stealing from the future in so many ways so we can keep spending more than we can really afford is childish. No different really than maxing out your credit cards to keep drinking Starbucks.

The real problem is that there's way too many people, at least given our current technology. Just slow down. Think about how the next thousand years, and ten thousand years, are going to work out. I'd really prefer it didn't involve widespread famine and world wars for resources.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom