This is This! Stanley....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 503953

Jim...

This also works very well...and can be easily removed and switched...DGX....I usually have 6/8 included when I place a larger order...

Bungee holds nice and tight without pinching...

Best...

Warren

I've used them and they work OK. I have gone back to cave line. I just prefer that method.

I’ve had bad luck with cave line. Never can get it tight enough to not slip. I use the Dive Rite hose retainers for the bolt snap on my long hose. For everything else (SPG, lights, etc.), I use thin bungee, which has worked very well.

Hose Clip Retainer
I've had similar troubles. It helps to tie the line when it's wet. Get it as tight as you possibly can, and it stays a lot better if you can get it into the metal ridges that are part of the "end" of the hose. My first thought about this thing was that it might be a good solution for this problem as well. I didn't buy one because as others mentioned, you can't cut it off the hose.

I've had similar troubles. It helps to tie the line when it's wet. Get it as tight as you possibly can, and it stays a lot better if you can get it into the metal ridges that are part of the "end" of the hose. My first thought about this thing was that it might be a good solution for this problem as well. I didn't buy one because as others mentioned, you can't cut it off the hose.

The wet line method was not successful either. The DR hose clips work well for long hose bolt snap and thin bungee for everything else. Works well for me. Others probably prefer the cave line. And yes, I have rubber hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom