This is This! Stanley....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
[From Leisurepro]

The attachment of a clip or accessory to a scuba hose can cause damage. Often, too much pressure is exerted on the hose surface, damaging the outer and/or inner layers reducing the hose strength. Damage to the inner layer can cause a break-down of material and potential reduced flow of gas. The use of any method other than the Hose Hook for attachment of clips/accessories will void the warranty of all Miflex and XS Scuba hoses.

XSSHH.jpg
XSSHH_2.jpg
XSSHH_3.jpg

XS Scuba Hose Hook

Well that's just silly......

[From Leisurepro]

The attachment of a clip or accessory to a scuba hose can cause damage. Often, too much pressure is exerted on the hose surface, damaging the outer and/or inner layers reducing the hose strength. Damage to the inner layer can cause a break-down of material and potential reduced flow of gas. The use of any method other than the Hose Hook for attachment of clips/accessories will void the warranty of all Miflex and XS Scuba hoses.

View attachment 503938 View attachment 503939 View attachment 503940
XS Scuba Hose Hook
how are you gonna cut that loose with a "DIR knife" if it gets entangled? one has to carry a proper screwdriver in the thigh pocket all the time? how long its gonna take compared to cutting a caveline knot? :popcorn:

caveline is a much better method to tie bolt snaps to hoses.... that "hose hook" maybe goes to the same category than the SPG's with additional side hole to screw on a boltsnap directly to the spg so that it cant be cut loose in any case, so much safer and easier for sure:D

if one is so concerned about attaching boltsnaps directly to the hoses maybe one could just put some inner tire rubber piece around the hose before attaching the snap with the caveline?
that would do exactly the same thing than that Hose Hook but would be easier and cheaper and look much nicer also :popcorn:

I’ve had bad luck with cave line. Never can get it tight enough to not slip. I use the Dive Rite hose retainers for the bolt snap on my long hose. For everything else (SPG, lights, etc.), I use thin bungee, which has worked very well.

Hose Clip Retainer

how are you gonna cut that loose with a "DIR knife" if it gets entangled? one has to carry a proper screwdriver in the thigh pocket all the time? how long its gonna take compared to cutting a caveline knot? :popcorn:

caveline is a much better method to tie bolt snaps to hoses.... that "hose hook" maybe goes to the same category than the SPG's with additional side hole to screw on a boltsnap directly to the spg so that it cant be cut loose in any case, so much safer and easier for sure:D

Doesn't matter if you have a "DIR knife" or a 2-handed sword, there's no way to cut that one :D

hose retainer 1.jpg

Jim...

This also works very well...and can be easily removed and switched...DGX....I usually have 6/8 included when I place a larger order...

Bungee holds nice and tight without pinching...

Best...

Warren

by my limited experience, tight bungee damages the hose surface pretty easily. though its not gonna explode due that...

caveline slipping on normal rubber hoses?

Doesn't matter if you have a "DIR knife" or a 2-handed sword, there's no way to cut that one :D
just carry large size bolt cutters in your pocket, should get the job done easily :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom