Thinking of wrapping Miflex hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squid88

Registered
Reaction score
I’m in Australia and finding uktraflex rubber hoses are impossible. Ordering abroad the shipping is killing me.

So I was thinking of just getting Miflex hose and then wrapping with silicone amalgamating tape with say 20% overlap.

It should remain more flexible then rubber hose and remain smooth for behind the neck, against my seals and I think may address all the things I don’t like braided hoses.

Anyone think this would be a horrible idea?
BTW I’m normally not a fan of hose wraps etc.

Thoughts?

I have an 24" Ultraflex backup (bungied) reg hose that is not working out at all because of its lack of memory. My old 22" Halcyon hose was really narrow and way better. The Ultraflex "wants" to spring back to straight. I don't know anything about "amalgamating tape" but knee-jerk reaction is "less is more".

Last edited:
Okay thanks.
I’ve just gone side mount and all my hoses have memory from back mount. I don’t like the braided hoses although I love the soft flexibility of them around the second stage. Hate the feel of the braid and find it rough even before it’s started to wear. That’s why I was looking at the ultraflex rubber hoses. But I see what you mean when a hose is broke in and the memory becomes a good thing vs a hose that wants to go straight.

Man I’d like to find a nice supple LP rubber hoses in Australia that can take a set over time but remains supple.

Miflex is creepy. The problem with Ultraflex for me is the sharp, reverse bend @ the left post. What length hose do you need for side mount?

Last edited:
61FEBE81-8FFB-485F-9ED5-435EBD960D59.png
Divad not sure what you mean. And to be clear the ultraflex you are referring to are the ultraflex rubber hoses I am referring to by Pirnha correct?

As fast as length goes I was thinking of running one 7’ (ultraflex in that length should be out beginning of the year) but for now I believe 62” is longest they offer.

If I used Milfex then one 7’ hose and one standard or bit longer.

Or I cloud just mirror each side with two long hoses. I have not played with long hoses yet to really see what I like.

ATM I’m just two standard length hoses behind neck one left one right with mirrored second stages.

I have rigged a way to have the hoses straight up from tank that’s rapid deploy but cannot be pulled out of the mouth on a snag. It does not go around neck and is very clean. I’m just not sure how the hose / second will behave as a system and if there will be any torque on the mouth. For that system extra flex would be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom