Thinking of selling my older equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an eBay junkie my thoughts are this: First, selling the items individually will yield the highest price. Second, do not get BC or the regs serviced but if you can test the regs on a tank and make sure the BC holds air. When you describe an item as "used" it should work as intended. If the regs free flow or the bc leaks then you should sell it "for parts" or at least disclose that it does not work. Third, for the computer if you can get it fixed for $50 I would do it, if not then sell it as is and set a minimum bid you are happy with. You can also link in the ad the company that replaces the battery.

eBay is a crap shoot as far as prices go. It all depends on the number of bidders. I think you are right that the BC is probably the best item of the bunch. Your regulators are good quality but they are two series older than the current XTX line so they do not have that high of a resale value. I recently purchased a Zeagle-branded Apeks TX-50 with a DST first for $75 shipped. It is a nice reg looks like new. Pm me and let me know what you are looking to get out of them, I may be interested.

Selling used it's best to split the items up. In my experience you will get the best price on eBAY but you will pay high fees (approx 11% on the item for eBAY plus 3% to paypal. You can try selling it on Craigslist but then you have to deal with people in person and get a lot of tire kickers and hagglers, there is also the Scubaboard marketplace but then there some slight risks with that. Each has it's own demographic.
For the computer I don't know that I would bother with the battery. My first thought would be to register it with UWATEC online and tell the shop that it had batteries for life as pretty much all did when sold at Scubapro dealers. If the shop you bought it at is local check with them first, they may still have you on file. In my experience with the Scubapro batteries for life program some shops may request the card, others won't, it mostly matters that you are registered in the system to the serial number. Most likely it will work with a fresh battery, but if it doesn't you are out the replacement cost of the battery. Without the battery you will probably get around $50 for it on eBay.
For the BC, fill it with air and see if it leaks, if not you are golden. Rangers are still pretty desirable to a lot of buyers so it should sell relatively easily.
For the Reg, test it on a tank and if it works great. You most likely won't recoup the cost of service.
Good luck.

When selling online describe items in detail, brand, model etc. Never just put Scuba Equipment or less people will see it.

... Find your item, watch a few auctions until they close. Ignore the buy it now prices as they are meaningless if the item never sells...

I find it useful to look on the left and click the button for "show only completed listings" and you can see what sold for how much and what closed, but didn't sell.

I am interested if the computer ever got sent in and if so, what were the results and cost?

Also, interested in if anyone has bought a 3-pin battery in the U.S. I have take an Ultra Pro apart, captured the oil and unsoldered the battery. But, I can't find a reasonable source for battery.

I have two of the Ultra Pro models in consoles. I have a Smart Pro and as I recall, it cost me about $90 event under the batteries for life. I can find Saft 3.6v batteries for my Shearwater, but can't find one with the required three pin configuration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom