Thinking about doubles....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
Why not grab some AL80s? They're much cheaper then steel tanks and you can double them up later if you want. You sound like you're pretty inexperienced so the money saved by getting AL instead of steel might be better spent on a dive trip, don't ya think? :wink:
Same kinds of thoughts ran through my head about tanks too, thought about getting the bigger steels for use as singles now and doubling later in life, but a hike in the price of steel and availability steered me away from them for now, so i just ordered some AL80's, they will suffice for diving now and could be useful as stages and deco bottles later in life (when i get the double steels) etc. I am using the money to buy other dive gear, more training and more diving trips - however i particularly enjoy the shore diving here - nice and free!!!

You guys may now continue this thread on car wrecks and those likely to perish at their own hands (or lack of hand movement in manifolded doubles) underwater....... :wink:

cornfed:
Fine, be that way...

Why not grab some AL80s? They're much cheaper then steel tanks and you can double them up later if you want. You sound like you're pretty inexperienced so the money saved by getting AL instead of steel might be better spent on a dive trip, don't ya think? :wink:

Some have said it is better to buy the right thing the first time, and I seem to think along those same lines. I don't want to spend $150 on an AL80 and later decide I should have bought steel tanks. I am also looking to get rid of some of the lead on my weight belt. the difference in price really won't make a huge difference for me since it would never come close covering a dive trip for two. I may just settle for Faber LP95's since I can find those much cheaper and the PST tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom